The Upside of Upkeep
- Troubleshooting alarm circuits with voltage. Colombo, Al // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jun98 Part 1 of 2, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p24
Presents information on how to troubleshoot a series loop in a security system with multiple devices without going to the alarm panel. Need to know every device in the circuit; Importance of the location of the end-of-line resistor.
- High Security Locks...Put a LOCK on Maintenance. // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Mar2001, Issue 580, p56
Presents guidelines for the maintenance of a high security padlock (HSP). Steps for cleaning an HSP; Assembly of an HSP; Importance of checking the keys.
- How to Troubleshoot An AC Relay. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;May2000, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p17
Provides tips in troubleshooting a door-releasing relay in an access control system. Need to check the continuity of the relay coil; Factors causing the burnout of coils; Considerations for checking the relay contacts.
- Practical false alarm solutions. Colombo, Allan B. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Nov98, Vol. 28 Issue 14, p72
Highlights the importance of proper installation and maintenance of security systems. Prevention of false alarms; Panel power concerns; Quality earth-ground connections; Overloaded auxiliary power supply. INSET: Reducing RFI effects on alarm panels..
- Newark To Monitor Security Cameras For Malfunctions. // AirGuide Online.com;3/1/2010, p1
The article presents information about the upgrading of the closed-circuit television cameras at Newark Liberty International Airport.
- Everyone makes mistakes. Some are just funnier than others…. // EC&M Electrical Construction & Maintenance;Feb2006, Vol. 105 Issue 2, p66
The article discusses on the authors' experiences as electricians in the U.S. The first author shares his experience with his fellow electrician during a traffic signal project at a busy road intersection, in which they committed a mistake in installing the cables. The second author narrates his...
- SDM kinks & hints. Colombo, Al // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Feb99, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p21
Addresses some common security system concerns and problems. Solution for light dimmers that cause interference in a low-level audio line; Specifications deemed more important when buying a graphical monitor; Application of the Americans With Disabilities Act in areas of rescue assistance.
- Do's & Don'ts FOR DOMES AND HOUSINGS. Gager, Russ // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Dec2006, Vol. 36 Issue 12, p69
The article focuses on the proper installation and safety measures of using security domes and video surveillance cameras in homes and other public places. It has been suggested that these security domes and cameras inside its housing must have proper ventilation as they get hotter during its...
- Honeywell Launches Hosted Video Solution. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;May2012, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p148
The article offers brief information on the MAXPRO Cloud cloud-based hosted video surveillance service from Honeywell.