Self-Reliance Drives Resilience
- A comprehensive evaluation of enterprise emergency management capacity (EEMC) based on variable weight gray cluster. Gong Wei-guo; Luo Yong-heng; He Zheng-chu // Journal of Modern Accounting & Auditing;Aug2008, Vol. 4 Issue 8, p60
On the basis of the initial definition of Enterprise Emergency Management Capacity(EEMC), the paper has established evaluation index system of EEMC, and provided a method to calculate index weight, with the regard to subjectivity existing in the comprehensive evaluation of EEMC multi-indicators,...
- DISASTERS MASTERED. Gordon, Joel // Fire Chief;Mar2006, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p60
The article discusses the role of natural disasters in the development of the services offered by government agencies dedicated to giving community services. The intensity of the after-disaster effect evaluates the performance of a service department and determines the amount of training needed...
- National Fire Academy to offer Volunteer Incentive Program courses in Alabama in April. // Fire Engineering;Feb2007, Vol. 160 Issue 2, p46
The article announces that applications are being accepted to attend the National Fire Academy Volunteer Incentive Program, which will be held in Anniston, Alabama on April 22-27, 2007. The program will offer four courses in emergency management. The author includes a web site where more...
- In case of emergency, hope for the best, prepare for the worst. McCulley, Russell // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);05/24/99, Vol. 19 Issue 47, p13
Tackles one aspect of crisis management plans that is being neglected by larger companies and institutions. Weakest link of contingency planning according to Gerard Braud of Braud Communications; Need for a plan to get information to the public during a crisis; Need to prevent a crisis from...
- Are you prepared for an emergency? // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Dec2001, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p14
Provides guidelines on emergency planning. Knowledge about the locality; Subjects to consider in developing a disaster plan; Reduction of potential damage by taking precautions; Way to start a plan.
- emergency readiness. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p751
An encyclopedia entry of the term "emergency readiness," which refers to the act of planning in advance for an unexpected crisis, is presented.
- PART II: FACILITY PREPAREDNESS PLAN. // Facility Manager's Emergency Preparedness Handbook;2003, p17
A cover art for Part II of the book "Facility Manager's Emergency Preparedness Handbook" is presented.
- Evaluation of damages and analysis of health needs in disasters. // Disasters: Preparedness & Mitigation in the Americas;Oct2010, Issue 114, p10
The article offers information on the new edition of publication "Damage Assessment and Needs Analysis in the Health Sector in Disaster Situations."
- County Agrees To Release Emergency Plan. // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);1/24/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p1
The article reports that Comal County in Texas has agreed to release a copy of the Comal County Emergency Management plan.