Optimization of culture conditions for mycoepoxydiene production by Phomopsis sp. Hant25
- CYTOTOXICITY OF ISOLATED COMPOUNDS FROM THE EXTRACTS OF STRUCHIUM SPARGANOPHORA (LINN) KTZE ASTERACEAE. KASIM, LATEEF SAKA; FERRO, VALERIE; ODUKOYA, OLUWAKEMI A.; UKPO, GRACE EIGBIBHALU; SEIDEL, VERONIQUE; GRAY, ALEXANDER I.; WAIGH, ROGER // Pakistan Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences;Oct2011, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p475
Chemical investigation of the leaves of Struchium sparganophora by the application of VLC, CL and PTLC resulted in isolation of three compounds. The cytotoxicity activity of these compounds on malignant human cultured cells was examined. Vernodalin showed a significant cytotoxic activity on the...
- P1â€“160CONSTRUCTION OF A 3D CULTURE ASSAY SYSTEM FOR ANTI-CANCER DRUG TESTING. Terashima, M.; Sakai, K.; Fujita, Y.; De Velasco, M. A.; Nishio, K. // Annals of Oncology;Nov2013 Supplement 9, Vol. 24, pix77
No abstract available.
- Cytotoxic metabolites from the cultures of endophytic fungi from Panax ginseng. Zheng, Cheng-Jian; Xu, Li-Li; Li, Yuan-Yuan; Han, Ting; Zhang, Qiao-Yan; Ming, Qian-Liang; Rahman, Khalid; Qin, Lu-Ping // Applied Microbiology & Biotechnology;Sep2013, Vol. 97 Issue 17, p7617
Two strains of endophytic fungi, Penicillium melinii Yuan-25 and Penicillium janthinellum Yuan-27, with strong anti- Pyricularia oryzae activity, were obtained from the roots of Panax ginseng. Based on bioactivity-oriented isolation, a new benzaldehyde derivative, ginsenocin ( 1), together with...
- Novel cytotoxic agents: Epothilones. Goodin, Susan // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;5/15/2008 Supplement, Vol. 65 Issue S3, pS10
Purpose. The epothilones are effective antitumor medications for patients with breast cancer, including patients who have been previously treated with or are resistant to anthracyclines or the taxanes. Summary. With the best currently available therapies, the median survival time for patients...
- Assessing Combinations of Cytotoxic Agents Using Leukemia Cell Lines. Reynolds, C. Patrick; Kang, Min H.; Keshelava, Nino; Maurer, Barry J. // Current Drug Targets;Jun2007, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p765
The mainstay of clinical anti-neoplastic chemotherapy is multi-agent combinations, most of which were developed empirically. To speed research and decrease costs, there is increasing interest in moving new drugs into clinical trials in potentially active combinations based upon pre-clinical...
- The Cytotoxic Effect of Cecropin A and Cecropin B on the MDA-MB-231 and M14K Tumour Cell Lines. Anghel, Radu; Jitaru, Daniela; Badescu, Laurentiu; Ciocoiu, Manuela; Badescu, Magda // Journal of Biomedical Science & Engineering;Jun2014, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p504
The aim of the present in vitro study was to assess the tumoricidal potential of the following natural peptides belonging to the Cecropin family, namely Cecropin A and B, on a series of tumour cell lines: MDA-MB-231 (breast adenocarcinoma) and M14K (human mesothelioma). The experimental results...
- IN VITRO AND IN VIVO ANTI-CANCER ACTIVITY OF LEAF EXTRACT OF BARLERIA GRANDIFLORA. NISHANT MANGLANI; SHILPA VAISHNAVA; DHAMODARAN, P.; HEMANT SAWARKAR // International Journal of Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Sciences;2014, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p70
Objective: To evaluate anticancer activity of the Barleria grandiflora (Acanthacae) leaf on the different cancerous and normal cell lines such as A-549 (human lung cancer) cells, Dalton's lymphoma Ascites (DLA tumour cells) and Vero (African green monkey kidney) normal cells. Methods: In vitro...
- Synthesis and antitumour activity of varitriol and its analogues. Caletková, Oľga; Lásiková, Angelika; Hajdúch, Marián; Džubák, Petr; Graczaa, Tibor // ARKIVOC: Online Journal of Organic Chemistry;2012, p365
Novel analogues of (+)-varitriol have been synthesised via Julia-Kocienski olefination from Î³-D-ribonolactone. Newly prepared compounds were screened for their in vitro cytotoxicity towards certain human tumours and NCI60 cancer cell line panel.
- The Cytotoxic Effect of PM 701 and its Fractions on Cell Proliferation of Breast Cancer Cells, McF7. Khorshid, Faten A. // World Academy of Science, Engineering & Technology;Mar2011, Issue 51, p454
No abstract available.