The Receptionist Who Won't Play Along
- A Plan for Keeping Employees Motivated. // Workforce;Aug2001, Vol. 80 Issue 8, p66
Answers questions on personnel management. How to keep employees motivated; Structure of human resources; Disadvantages of group termination.
- Clearing the Deadwood. Connolly, Paul M. // Training & Development Journal;Jan1986, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p58
Focuses on how managers should terminate an employee. Employee performance documentation; Termination meeting plan; Expression of gratitude to terminated employees; Emotional aspects that complicate termination decisions.
- Incompetence not the Primary Reason Heads Roll. Moats, Marilyn // Training & Development Journal;Jul86, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p8
No abstract available.
- Fair treatment reduces bad feelings. Greenwald, Judy // Business Insurance;02/12/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p19
Focuses on proper employee dismissal in the United States. Effects of proper personnel management on employees; Impact of humiliation on terminated workers; Details on fair retrenchment processes.
- Ending the unproductive employment relationship. Smith, Shawn // Fairfield County Business Journal;3/31/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 13, p4
Presents recommendations on techniques to use when firing an employee. Adverse consequences of rash actions; Legal liability that can be created by firing in haste; Importance of retaining the flexibility to replace problem employees; Factors that can complicate the firing process; Termination...
- A plan for success. Lewis, David // Fairfield County Business Journal;1/28/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p17
Provides tips and information in tackling demoralized employees in the U.S. Knowledge and understanding on how to handle the responsibilities of terminated employees; Importance of clear internal communication; Aversion of rumors and cutting speculations of midstream.
- Professional dilemma. Boucher, Phil // Personnel Today;6/25/2002, p31
Relates the experiences of three human resource (HR) professionals on its ways to face job redundancies in Great Britain. Advantages of working in an HR department; Job responsibilities of HR managers; Impact of redundancy on the working life of HR managers.
- Part-time work could provide a springboard after redundancy. // Community Care;7/2/2009, Issue 1777, p34
The article presents a question and answer related to an employee being made redundant.
- Constructive Discharge: When Quitting Constitutes Illegal Termination. Paul, Robert J.; Seeberger, Kathryn // Review of Business;Spring2002, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p23
Explores how employers can avoid the danger of constructive discharge litigation by practicing human resource management. Elements of proof in constructive discharge claims; Key factor in constructive discharge court rulings; Actions that need to be taken by employers to address constructive...