Companies Find EAPs Can Foster Diversity
- Redesigned work improves business, life balance. Montague, Jim // Control Engineering;Mar2001, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p14
Focuses on the use of improved work-life programs to boost business performance and address personal needs of employees in the United States. Impact of employee involvement on fueling innovation and creativity; Ability of work-life programs to redesign work and make cultural changes;...
- Real-life examples of simple, low-cost work/life efforts. // HR Specialist;May2013, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p4
The article offers real-life stories of cost effective and simple work-life balance programs in the U.S. which include family affairs, volunteerism, and lunch events.
- Gauging value of work/life plans complex. Prince, Michael // Business Insurance;04/03/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 14, p2
Focuses on issues related to measuring the value of work/life programs of companies. Factors to consider to determine whether a program is successful; Need to conduct a climate survey which examines overall employee satisfaction.
- Job Embeddedness in a Culturally Diverse Environment. Mallol, Carlos; Holtom, Brooks; Lee, Thomas // Journal of Business & Psychology;Fall2007, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p35
The demographic composition of the workforce is changing, with an increase in the participation of minorities. Numerous studies center their attention on the inclusion of minorities, but variation in turnover of a culturally diverse workforce has not received much attention. Forecasts indicate...
- Work/life, diversity programs a success. McShulskis, Elaine // HRMagazine;Oct96, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p22
Focuses on employers' views on work/life diversity programs, according to a survey conducted by William M. Mercer Inc. Benefits of diversity programs; Use of diversity programs to address the issue of balance between an employee's work and personal life.
- BRIDGING the Gap. Valera, Julio Caesar // American Nurseryman;11/15/2003, Vol. 198 Issue 10, p24
Focuses on the comprehension of the impact of cultural differences in the workplace on employees in the U.S. Assessment of the work ethics; Occurrence of communication problem; Factors affecting employee satisfaction.
- Work-life at 20: Assessing its value in the workplace. Brown, Steve // Employee Benefit News;10/1/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 13, p68
Focuses on the importance of workplace flexibility to employees. Influence of workplace flexibility on the quality of work life; Ways to promote flexibility in the workplace; Effectiveness of workplace flexibility. INSETS: The Role of the Supervisor;Workplace flexibility options;The Many Faces...
- Work-life programs can reduce stress, increase productivity. // Corporate Board;Nov/Dec95, Vol. 16 Issue 95, p27
Reports on corporate work-life programs that emphasize prevention generate improved productivity, reduced stress, and stronger employer-employee relationships, according to a study by Work/Family Directions. Programs that help employees anticipate and prepare for life transitions.
- Blurring the "Proper Separation": Quality of Work Life and Contractual Agreements. Spector, Bert // Labor Law Journal;Dec86, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p857
The article presents information about the experience of trade unions with quality of work life (QWL) programs in the United States. In viewing the current wave of QWL efforts, local union leaders in the United States wrestle with the question of both defining and maintaining a "proper...