Physical Space and Perceptions of Value
- The importance of hygiene. // Employee Benefits;Jul2004, MOTIVATION p3
Discusses the importance of hygiene and motivation in the workplace. Factors affecting industrial hygiene; Identification of various employee motivators.
- A Preliminary Evaluation of SOLVE: Addressing Psychosocial Problems at Work. Probst, Tahira M.; Gold, David; Caborn, Joannah // Journal of Occupational Health Psychology;Jan2008, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p32
The article assesses the effectiveness of SOLVE, a workplace intervention developed by the United Nations' International Labor Organization aimed at reducing the incidence of psychosocial problems related to job stress, workplace violence, tobacco use, drug and alcohol abuse, and HIV/AIDS. It...
- Evaluation of an Organizational Stress Management Program in a Municipal Public Works Organization. Elo, Anna-Liisa; Ervasti, Jeni; Kuosma, Eeva; Mattila, Pauliina // Journal of Occupational Health Psychology;Jan2008, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p10
The article investigates the effects of employee participation in an organizational stress management program consisting of several interventions aiming to improve psychosocial work environment and well-being. It describes the background of the program, results of previously published effect...
- Finding the feel-good factor. Knight, Jenny // Nursing Standard;8/10/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 49, p64
Jenny Knight discovers that everyone benefits when management invests in the wellbeing of its staff.
- RUN RINGS AROUND STRESS. Lovewell, Debbie // Employee Benefits;Oct2004, p35
Focuses on stress suffered by employees. Contents of the survey "Room for Improvement: Absence and Labor Turnover Survey 2004"; Occupational health management. INSETS: City Council says HSE guide has helped;Health & Safety Executive guidelines.
- NEEDS EXTEND BEYOND PAY. Hougardy, Kerris // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;8/13/2004, Issue 2627, p35
Comments that salaries do not always make workers in the hospitality industry happy. Encouragement of team spirit to promote a sense of self worth; Importance of non-financial rewards aside from other benefits of the job.
- DEVELOPING A MODEL FOR OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH PROVISION IN PRIMARY CARE. Harrison, John; Harrison, Catherine E. // International Journal of Occupational Medicine & Environmental H;Apr2002, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p179
This is a report of a survey commissioned by Newcastle and North Tyne Health Authority. The aim of the project was to assess the occupational health needs of both GPs and their staff working in the General Practice in Newcastle and North Tyneside. The aim of the survey has been to obtain...
- EMPLOYEE SAFETY INCENTIVES: A Best Practices Survey of Human Resource Practitioners. Glendinning, Peter M. // Professional Safety;Feb2001, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p22
Focuses on a study which investigates the role of human resources department in occupational safety and health. Population and sample; Data analysis; Responses on how safety incentive programs work; Discussion on non-traditional incentive programs.
- Employee illness: Full recovery disputed. Dreyfack, Raymond // Plant Engineering;Mar2003, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p14
Reports on an incident that focuses on labor management disputes in cases on employee illness. Need for a company physician's opinion to permit an employee to return to work after a medical leave. INSET: Untitled.