Protecting People and Profits with Background Checks
- What You See May Not Be What You Get. Drake, Diana Lasseter // Business News New Jersey;10/03/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 40, p20
Emphasizes the need for businesses to take the time to check applicants' references before hiring them. Overview on the approach used by CSA Collections in checking the backgrounds of their potential hirees; Advantages of businesses from doing background checks on their applicants; Costs...
- How well do you really know whom you hire? Gardner, Rob // CPA Journal;Mar1998, Vol. 68 Issue 3, p62
Examines the processes involved in hiring an employee. Reasons why employee screening programs fail; Guidelines on how to construct an efficient investigating program; Account on the risk assessment process used by companies when hiring.
- Background checks flush out lies behind resumes. Clanton // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);09/13/99, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p4
Focuses on employers' hiring of background checkers in the selection of employees in the United States. Increase in employer awareness of problems associated with bad hires; Conducting of criminal and drug checks on job applicants; Increase in the demand for drug testing for job applicants.
- Criminal records in crisis, say councils. Roberts, Zoe // People Management;4/18/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p7
Reports on the problems with obtaining criminal information on potential employees. Impact of criminal records accessibility on employee selection and appointment.
- The importance of pre-employment screening. Long, Teresa A. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;1/4/2010, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p5
The author discusses the significance of pre-employment screening in order for the employer to hire the right person for the job.
- SMEs need not be deterred by screening costs. // Human Resources (09648380);Mar2010, p50
The article evaluates the Know Your Candidate, an online employment screening service.
- `Recruit in haste, repent at leisure,' survey warns. Whitehead, Mark // People Management;7/9/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 14, p13
Reports on the results of a survey made on the concerns of human resource professionals about the waste of time and money caused by unsuitable appointments. Need for effective interviewing and selection techniques; Responsibility of employers and employees; Reason most jobs at a senior level fail.
- Prove executive exemption by demonstrating 'direct involvement' in hiring process. // HR Specialist: Compensation & Benefits;Aug2014, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p3
The article offers advice on how to prove executive exemption of employee by demonstrating direct involvement in the hiring process.
- Employee screening service here grows, now employs 60. // Journal of Business (10756124);07/13/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 15, pB13
Reports the addition of employees at the Employee Screening Services Inc. in Spokane, Washington.