HRMS Gets Easier, Better for Smaller Companies
- People In Focus. // Caribbean Business;6/5/2008, Vol. 36 Issue 22, p55
Several photographs of business organizations in Puerto Rico including The Small Business Administration (SBA) of Puerto Rico, Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM) of Puerto Rico, and Doctor Garcia Rinaldi Foundation are presented.
- Strength in numbers. Kaffer, Nancy // Crain's Detroit Business;2/16/2009, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p11
The article focuses on the growing popularity of buying group discounts among small business enterprises. See Progress Inc. is a member of the advocacy group Small Business Association of Michigan that offers members the chance to participate in group buying programs. Small business enterprises...
- Shared-HR pilot success for SMEs. Roberts, Zoë // People Management;10/28/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 21, p10
Deals with the success of the British Department of Trade and Industry's Shared Human Resources (HR) pilots for small businesses. Reason behind the set up of professional HR supports for small businesses in the country; Improvements made for the business; Range of interventions tested based on...
- MASTERING MANAGEMENT. Ross, Sativa // Motor Age;Mar2005, Vol. 124 Issue 3, p116
Presents news briefs on business enterprises in the U.S., as of March 2005. Information on the plan of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service to expand the number of small businesses eligible to file a simplified expense form; Details of the Small Business Administration Expo '05 in Washington, D.C....
- A PROBLEM SHARED. Sutcliffe, Gerry // People Management;10/28/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 21, p29
Provides an assessment of the Shared HR pilots, which tested ways of providing a share HR resource for small firms developed by the Department of Trade and Industry of Great Britain against the high performance workplace (HPW) model for small businesses developed by the Chartered Institute of...
- Smaller businesses to get HR support. // Personnel Today;3/22/2005, p8
This article reports that Canada's federal government is spending Can$840,000 over three years to help small and medium-sized businesses with HR issues. The project, which is being carried out in conjunction with the Human Resources Professionals Association of Ontario, includes online...
- Rurban Defers Interest Payments. Jackson, Ben // American Banker;2/21/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 35, p4
Reports on an announcement by U.S.-based Rurban Financial Corp. to postpone interest payments on its trust-preferred securities. Scheduled date for interest payment; Provisions of the agreement between the company and regulators; Losses suffered by the company in the first nine months of 2002.
- Marketing is bringing downtown Stamford the attention it deserves. Olsen, Tom // Westchester County Business Journal;8/23/93, Vol. 32 Issue 34, p8
Features downtown Stamford, Connecticut's local marketing, information and assistance organization Downtown Special Services District. Executive director Madeline McGee; Evidence of business opportunity; Rental rates; Market size; Organization activities.
- Polytech, Mercy provide resources for small business development. Fitzpatrick, Doreen D. // Westchester County Business Journal;8/15/94, Vol. 33 Issue 33, p14
Reports on the New York State Small Business Development Centers (SBDC) offices in Westchester County. SBDC at Polytechnic University's Westchester Graduate Center in Hawthorne; SBDC at Mercy College in Dobbs Ferry; Services offered by the SBDC offices.