Whiners Need Not Apply
- How to accelerate through recession. Chadwick, James // Advertising Age International;02/08/99, p6
Presents positive advertising moves to consider during recessions, according to Ogilvy & Mather and Unilever managers. Advertising spending; Reframing of brand values to new context; Need to retain high production values.
- Tips for managing in difficult times. Fletcher, Donald J. // Fairfield County Business Journal;11/12/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 46, p4
Provides tips for managing a company during economic downturn. Exercise of caution in expansion; Emphasis on collecting payments; Conversion of costs to variables.
- Recession Strategies in Good Times and Bad. McCarthy, Tom // Lodging Hospitality;3/15/2002, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p11
Presents tips on how to increase business during a recession. How to build repeat business; Way to help companies save; Type of market segments to look for; Method in getting the best source for new business.
- Managing through recession. // Credit Control;1998, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p4
Reports on the critical factors which companies must manage successfully through a recession. Factors identified by a survey of interim managers in Great Britain; Downturn expected by managers; Importance of preparation for companies.
- A Strategy To Retain Workers During Recession. // OfficePro;Jan/Feb2010, Vol. 70 Issue 1, p4
The article discusses a study from the Family and Work Institute (FWI) on the strategy of employers to adopt workplace flexibility to cope with the recession.
- Vendors Have a Feeling Data Growth Is Slowing. Brown, Karen // Multichannel News;6/24/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 25, p37
Reports the business performance of various cable operators in the industry. Impact of the economic downturn on the financial status of different businesses; Information on the market share of the cable operators; Analysis on the sales growth of the different companies.
- Why the grey market should be in demand. James, Mick // Knowledge Management;Dec2001/Jan2002, p26
Focuses on effective management in a time of recession. Practice of delegating the work of downsizing to middle managers; Review of business plans to identify strategies that would allow companies to survive the recession.
- Survival of the fittest. Cochrane, Ian // Design Week;Jun2002 Supplement, Vol. 17 Issue 23, p4
Discusses the three defining characteristics of a good management personality significant in corporate survival during periods of recession in the U.S. Downearthness or having a good grasp of reality and understanding of risks; Business spirituality; Generation of ideas that moves the company...
- Avoid Mistakes Selling in a Recession. // Financial Executive;Jun2010, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p12
The article offers tips on how to successfully survive the business during the time of economic recession.