FIT for geo-exchange?
- Government targets renewable energy. // Modern Power Systems;Feb94, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p12
Reports on the Indian government's proposed strategy to promote renewable sources of energy. Institutional finance for commercially viable projects with private sector participation and external assistance from the World Bank; Exemption of unconventional means of power generation from customs...
- Pioneering greenhouse policy. Roodman, David Malin // World Watch;Jul/Aug93, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p7
Examines the efforts of countries such as the Netherlands and Denmark towards development of cleaner sources of energy and energy efficiency in buildings and power plants. Government initiatives; Alternative electric power generation strategies; Cogeneration; Challenges facing initiatives;...
- Ireland turns to renewables. // Natural Life;Sep/Oct97, Issue 57, p8
Informs about Ireland's efforts to pursue Renewable Energy Strategy, a wide-ranging program to stimulate the use of renewable energy sources. Aim to address limited reserves of conventional energy sources; Prospect of growing future demand; Energy minister's call for a similar European...
- Back solar power, ministers urged. // Professional Engineering;11/05/97, Vol. 10 Issue 20, p7
Reports on a British government-backed taskforce's call to ministers to adopt measures to reverse the decline in government support for solar power in favor of other renewable energies. Taskforce's call for a change in building regulations for the addition of solar energy panels to suitable new...
- European strategy for renewable energy outlined in white paper. // Coal International;Jan98, Vol. 246 Issue 1, p38
Focuses on the European Commission's White Paper which proposes that European Union (EU) policies across a range of sectors should be strengthened to promote the use of renewable energy sources (RES). Savings gained by RES in fuel costs; Job creation; Reduction of fuel imports based on net...
- IN BRIEF. // ENDS (Environmental Data Services);Sep2012, Issue 452, p41
This section offers news briefs related to renewable energy policies as of September 2012 including Scotland's support of floating wind turbines which would be eligible for the Renewables Obligation (RO), and plans to publish for consultation a draft long-term water strategy for Northern Ireland.
- Strategy for renewable energy. // European Power News;Feb98, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p1
Focuses on the White Paper published by the European Union's (EU) European Commission, outlining the EU's strategy to double the share of renewable energy from 6 to 12% of energy demand in the region by 2010. Proposals made for strengthening EU policies across a range of sectors; Savings...
- Government outlines renewables plan. // Modern Power Systems;May94, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p12
Reports on the British government's renewable energy plan. Renewable energy generating capacity goal by the turn of the century; Investments from the private sector; Non-fossil fuel obligation built into the privatization of the power industry.
- European Commission promotes sustainable energy. // Modern Power Systems;Nov96, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p5
Reports on the European Union's promotion of sustainable energy by expressing intention to increase financing for research and development. Trend towards more decentralized energy production and consumer driven supply policies of the utilities.