Gotfried Percutaneous Compression Plating Compared with Sliding Hip Screw Fixation of Intertrochanteric Hip Fractures
- What's your Diagnosis? // AAOS Now;May2011, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p12
A quiz is presented concerning on the proper diagnosis of a radiograph of a 70-year-old female with right hip pain.
- RADIOGRAPHIC ABSORPTIOMETRY OF THE PHALANGES AS A SCREENING INSTRUMENT TO DETECT OSTEOPOROSIS OF THE HIP. Versluis, R.G.J.A.; Vismans, F.J.F.E.; Van De Ven, C.M.; Springer, M.P.; Petri, H. // Acta Radiologica;Jul1999, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p418
Focuses on the radiographic absorptiometry of the phalanges as a screening instrument to detect osteoporosis of the hip. Determination of the radiographic absorptiometry (RA) of the phalanges in detecting osteoporosis of the femoral neck; Techniques of absorptiometry; Correlation between RA and...
- Musculoskeletal Case 7. Presentation. Munk, Peter L. // Canadian Journal of Surgery;Dec99, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p414
Presents a case study of a man with a long history of discomfort in his right hip and groin. Details of the man's medical history; Findings of the radiograph of the right hip; Pathogenesis of the femoral geode.
- Fall From Trail Leaves Woman in Pain. Durbin, Michael // Clinician Reviews;Aug2015, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p37
The article provides an answer to a question about radiographs of the left hip and pelvis of a 56-year-old woman suffering from left hip pain after she fell from an embankment while on walking on a trail.
- PICTURE QUIZ. // BMJ: British Medical Journal;3/7/2015, Vol. 350 Issue 7998, p35
This section presents a picture quiz about an elderly female patient with a fall-related painful leg.
- Prothrombin complex concentrate in the reduction of blood loss during orthotopic liver transplantation: PROTON-trial. Arshad, Freeha; Ickx, Brigitte; van Beem, Rachel T.; Polak, Wojciech; Grüne, Frank; Nevens, Frederik; Ilmakunnas, Minna; Koivusalo, Anna-Maria; Isoniemi, Helena; Strengers, Paul F. W.; Groen, Henk; Hendriks, Herman G. D.; Lisman, Ton; Pirenne, Jacques; Porte, Robert J. // BMC Surgery;2013, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p1
Background: In patients with cirrhosis, the synthesis of coagulation factors can fall short, reflected by a prolonged prothrombin time. Although anticoagulants factors are decreased as well, blood loss during orthotopic liver transplantation can still be excessive. Blood loss during orthotopic...
- Robotic liver resection: technique and results of 30 consecutive procedures. Choi, Gi; Choi, Sung; Kim, Sung; Hwang, Ho; Kang, Chang; Choi, Jin; Lee, Woo // Surgical Endoscopy;Aug2012, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p2247
Background: Robotic surgery can enhance a surgeon's laparoscopic skills through a magnified three-dimensional view and instruments with seven degrees of freedom compared to conventional laparoscopy. Methods: This study reviewed a single surgeon's experience of robotic liver resections in 30...
- Operative blood loss, blood transfusion and 30-day mortality in older patients after major noncardiac surgery. Mastracci, Tara M.; Bhandari, Mohit; Mundi, Raman; Rizoli, Sandro B.; Nascimento, Bartolomeu A.; Schreiber, Martin; Baxter, N.N.; Brasel, K.J.; Brown, C.J.; Chaudhury, P.; Cutter, C.S.; Divino, C.M.; Dixon, E.; Dubois, L.; Fitzgerald, G.W.N.; Henteleff, H.J.A.; Kirkpatrick, A.W.; Latosinsky, S.; MacLean, A.R.; Mastracci, T.M. // Canadian Journal of Surgery;Dec2012, Vol. 55 Issue 6, p426
The article presents information on a study related to the operative blood loss, blood transfusion and 30-day mortality in older patients after major noncardiac surgery. It informs that the Evidence Based Reviews in Surgery (EBRS) is a program jointly sponsored by the Canadian Association of...
- Predictors of intra-operative blood loss and blood transfusion in orthognathic surgery: a retrospective cohort study in 92 patients. Al-Sebaei, Maisa O // Patient Safety in Surgery;2014, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p1
Background Patients undergoing orthognathic procedures can require blood transfusions. The objectives of this study were to evaluate the predictors of intra-operative blood loss in patients undergoing orthognathic procedures and the transfusion rates and practices of our institution. Materials...