Immobilization in External .Rotation After Primary Shoulder Dislocation Did Not Reduce the Risk of Recurrence
- Clinical outcome of closed isolated subtalar dislocations. de Palma, L.; Santucci, A.; Marinelli, Mario; Borgogno, E.; Catalani, A. // Archives of Orthopaedic & Trauma Surgery;Jun2008, Vol. 128 Issue 6, p593
Subtalar dislocation (SD) is an uncommon injury accounting for 1â€“2% of all dislocations. It involves simultaneous disruption of the talocalcaneal and talonavicular joints, without involvement of the calcaneocuboid or tibiotalar joints or talar neck fracture. We present a retrospective...
- In vivo articular cartilage contact at the glenohumeral joint: preliminary report. Patrick Boyer; Thomas Gill; Ramprasad Papannagari; Susan Stewart; Jon Warner; Guoan Li // Journal of Orthopaedic Science;Jul2008, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p359
Abstract BackgroundÂ Â Little is known about normal in vivo mechanics of the glenohumeral joint. Such an understanding would have significant implications for treating disease conditions that disrupt shoulder function. The objective of this study was to determine articular contact locations...
- Making the case for ankle distraction. Stanton, Terry // AAOS Now;Sep2010, Vol. 4 Issue 9, p12
The article discusses the aspect of distraction, which is the mechanical separation of the opposing articular cartilage surfaces. However, it states that this procedure is not commonly practiced since clinical results and experience are not reported properly in the literature. According to...
- ReparaciÃ³n del cartÃlago articular: TÃ©cnicas basadas en cultivos celulares. de León, J. Clemente Ibarra-Ponce; Velasquillo-Martínez, M. Cristina; Izaguirre, Aldo; Villalobos-Córdova, Enrique; Masri, María; Ibarra-Ibarra, Luis Guillermo // Acta Ortopedica Mexicana;ene/feb2009, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p38
No abstract available.
- Arthroscopic reconstruction of chronic AC joint dislocations by transposition of the coracoacromial ligament augmented by the Tight Rope device: a technical note. Hosseini, Hamid; Friedmann, Svenja; Tröger, Markus; Lobenhoffer, Philipp; Agneskirchner, Jens // Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy;Jan2009, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p92
We present a new arthroscopic technique for chronic AC joint dislocations with coracoacromial ligament transposition and augmentation by the Tight Rope device (Arthrex, Naples, USA). First the glenohumeral joint is visualised to repair concomitant lesions, such as SLAP lesions, if needed. Once...
- Good results seen at 17 years follow-up of more than 1,000 mosaicplasty cases. Brockenbrough, Gina // Orthopedics Today;Jul2009, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p24
The article discusses a study on the efficacy of mosaicplasty as an option for treating full-thickness defects in the knee and other weight-bearing joints.
- Surgical treatment of a chronically fixed lateral patella dislocation in an adolescent patient. Xinning Li,; Nielsen, Natalie M.; Hanbing Zhou; Stein, Beth Shubin; Shelton, Yvonne A.; Busconi, Brian D. // Orthopedic Reviews;2013, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p45
Acute patellar dislocation or subluxation is a common cause for knee injuries in the United States and accounts for 2% to 3% of all injuries. Up to 49% of patients will have recurrent subluxations or dislocations. Importance of both soft tissue (predominantly, the medial patellofemoral ligament,...
- Clinical results of coracoacromial ligament transfer in acromioclavicular dislocations: A review of published literature. Sood, Aman; Wallwork, Nicholas; Bain, Gregory Ian // International Journal of Shoulder Surgery;Jan2008, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p13
Acromioclavicular joint dislocations are common injuries, which typically occur with trauma in young men. Treatment recommendations for these injuries are highly variable and controversial. There are greater than 100 surgical techniques described for operative treatment of this injury. One of...
- VIEWS. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);6/25/1983, Vol. 286 Issue 6383, p2068
Presents several views on medicine. Diagnosis of brain death in children; Dislocation of the shoulder joints; Debate about the ethical aspects of randomized prospective controlled clinical trials.