The Great American Gun War
- Guns and Children. Buckley Jr., William F. // National Review;10/21/1991, Vol. 43 Issue 19, p54
Scolds conservatives for failing to come forward with laws that are designed substantially to reduce the free flow of guns. Defence of the right to bear arms; Commendation of laws that would punish people who have pistols in their possession outside their homes or shops.
- Moms, Cops, & Voters against Gun Control. Yiotis, Gayle; Wisher, Ray // American Enterprise;Sep/Oct99, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p61
Focuses on gun control in the United States. Willingness of a mother to teach his sons how to handle guns; Use of guns for self-defense purposes; Information on a legislation that governs gun ownership.
- A NEW WAVE OF GUN LAWS. // State Legislatures;Apr2006, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p10
The article focuses on the introduction of gun laws in the U.S. in 2006. The bills allow the use of any manner of force for self defense. It also provides immunity from civil suits and criminal prosecution for people who reasonably used deadly force. Opponents of the legislation argue that it...
- HOW TO MAKE THEIR DAY. Kates Jr., Don B.; Terrell Harris, Patricia // National Review;10/21/1991, Vol. 43 Issue 19, p30
Points out flaws in a number of arguments used by advocates of gun control. Lack of support among the public for gun control; Socio-economic background of gun owners as compared to non-owners; Effectiveness of police protection; More.
- A Second Amendment Moment. Johnson, Nicholas J. // Brooklyn Law Review;Winter2005, Vol. 71 Issue 2, p715
Examines rights affirmation in relation to gun control in the U.S. Development of gun rights in different state constitutions; State legislation mandating nondiscretionary licenses to carry concealed firearms; History of modern debate about private firearms with attention to the rise and fall...
- "Gun Control" vs. "Self-Protection": A Case against the Ideological Divide. La Valle, James M. // Justice Policy Journal;Spring2013, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p1
A recent string of vicious, senseless and tragic mass spree killings have propelled an intense re-appraisal of U.S. gun laws, but the ensuing dialogue amply demonstrates that the opposing sides of the gun policy debate are as firmly entrenched in their mutual opposition to one another as ever...
- Gun Control Puts People at Risk. Stossel, John // Human Events;3/10/2008, Vol. 64 Issue 9, p21
The author comments on the "New York Times" editorial which criticized the U.S. Interior Department for preparing to rethink its ban on guns in national parks. He believes that if someone wishes to be prepared to defend himself, he should be free to do so and one has the right to deprive others...
- N.Y.'s '13 gun control law. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;1/ 2/2014, pA02
N.Y.'s '13 gun control law was largely upheld by a federal judge, including an expanded ban on semiautomatic weapons. District Judge William Skretny said the law doesn't disarm New Yorkers or jeopardize their right to self-defense.
- ABA fosters discussion on reasonable, enforceable gun laws and safer streets. Silkenat, James R. // ABA Journal;Jan2014, Vol. 100 Issue 1, p1
The article discusses the enforcement of the gun and firearm laws for keeping the streets and roads safer and secured. It reports the increase in the rate of gun violence in America and several cases related to it which is filed in favor of the victims under class action. It focuses on several...