- Home Run. BEAUDRY, JENNIFER ERNST // FN: Footwear News;4/26/2010, Vol. 66 Issue 15, p14
The article presents information on the growth of footwear retailer Naperville Running Co. which is celebrating a decade with a bigger and better store. Kris Hartner, the storeowner, has recently relocated its Naperville, Illinois store to a larger, more prominent location down the street from...
- YOU 2.0. Casimiro, Steve // Popular Science;Dec2004, Vol. 265 Issue 6, p144
Evaluates the Free 5.0 shoes for runners from Nike. Key features; Composition of the running shoes; Advantages of using the shoes.
- SUMMER SHOE GUIDE. Greene, Warren; Fredericksen, Ray // Runner's World;Jun2006, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p93
The article presents advice for runners on how to find the ideal shoes for them. To find your ideal show, take the wet test to determine your foot type. This helps you figure out how much you pronate, which in turn will dictate your shoe type. Brooks Addiction 7 shoe features a flex groove in...
- What Every Runner Should Know About Shoes. // Physician & Sportsmedicine;Jan2005, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p23
This article advices on right type of shoes for runners. People must buy shoes from a specialty running store or knowledgeable Internet retailer to ensure proper shoe type and fit. They must always get fitted for running shoes in the evening. Feet are larger at the end of the day. There should...
- Making A Big Splash. DENCATE, JEFF; SHORTEN, MARTYN // Runner's World;Apr2013, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p105
The article evaluates several trail shoes including the Inov-8 Trail Roc 245, the Brooks PureGrit 2 and the Montrail FluidFeel.
- QUESTION & ANSWER. Greene, Warren; Fredericksen, Ray // Runner's World;Mar2006, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p102
The article answers a question about runner-friendly features to look for in a dress shoe.
- CHAPTER 6: Finding Shoes That Fit. Henderson, Joe // Best Runs;1999, p51
Chapter 6 of the book "Best Runs" is presented. The author focuses on choosing the right running shoes. He believes that the choices of running shoes are slim and are growing slimmer and he notes the lack of soft-soled, flexible and reasonably cheap shoe models which he had worn for many years....
- What's the Next Hot Fitness Trend? Herring, Amber // FN: Footwear News;2/2/2015, Vol. 71 Issue 5, p46
No abstract available.
- Barefoot Running, or Just a Minimalist Shoe? Pearl, Ben // Running & FitNews;Jul/Aug2009, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p14
The article discusses the concept of barefoot running. The author states that barefoot running was associated to legendary runner Abbe Bikila wherein barefoot running are integrated in athletics program to improve body stamina, strength and flexibility. It also offers information on the origin...