NEW ERA PLOTS AGGRESSIVE FIVE-YEAR GROWTH PLAN
- Chris Koch. Olsen, Patricia // Family Business;Mar/Apr2012, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p14
An interview with Chris Koch, chief executive officer (CEO) at New Era Cap Co. Inc., is presented. Koch finds making tough decisions about staff as the worst thing about his job. He refers to the company's relationship with Major League Baseball as one of their greatest successes and considers...
- GETTING OUT IN FRONT. Pallerino, Michael J. // SGB;Nov/Dec2010, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p28
The article discusses the sale of licensed products of the organization Major League Baseball (MLB) for the year 2011 in the U.S. It is mentioned that manufacturers like VF Corp. are enthusiastic about their sales in coming year and are planning to introduce new merchandise. Also, the caps from...
- MLB rejects $200 mil deal. Jensen, Jeff // Advertising Age;11/11/1996, Vol. 67 Issue 46, p60
Looks at how Major League Baseball (MLB) owners rejected a marketing deal with Nike. Reason for the rejection; Lack of a collective bargaining agreement; Details on the proposed deal.
- Selling baseball can be a friendly persuasion. Kindred, Dave // Sporting News;02/24/97, Vol. 221 Issue 8, p6
Focuses on the collapse of a deal between Nike Inc. and Major League Baseball. Criticisms on baseball teams' attitudes toward each other; Significance of the agreement on the status of baseball; Comments from Major League Baseball Enterprises president and chief operating officer Greg Murphy...
- Baseball teams pack their parks -- with signs.... Liesse, Julie // Advertising Age;4/4/1994, Vol. 65 Issue 14, p1
Presents the use of sponsor messages in Major League Baseball parks. Inclusions in on-field advertising; Integration of sponsors' messages into intimate human relationship between sports fans and teams; Baseball teams and their advertising themes.
- Nascar's So Hot Even Baseball Wants a Ride. Lefton, Terry // Brandweek;06/12/2000, Vol. 41 Issue 24, p14
Provides news related to corporate sponsorship of sports as of June 12, 2000. Car racer who will drive the number 18 Pontiac Grand Prix painted with Major League Baseball logos; Reason Sony Corp. dropped its National Football League (NFL) sponsorship; Interest of Reebok in renewing its NFL license.
- STAYING AHEAD IN THE COUNT. Kranacher, Mary-Jo // CPA Journal;Dec2009, Vol. 79 Issue 12, p16
An interview with Jonathan Mariner, executive vice president and chief financial officer for Major League Baseball, is presented. When asked about how he landed his current post, he credited it to his experiences in Florida Marlins franchise and seizing the opportunity provided to him by the...
- baseball caps. // NW;11/30/2015, Vol. 23 Issue 48, p57
The article features a selection of baseball caps suggested for the summer season including from New Era, Nike, and Jack & Jones.
- Stephanie Vardavas. KIMMEL, MATTHEW // Entertainment & Sports Lawyer;Spring2011, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p1
The article offers information on the professional life of sport industry attorney and businessperson Stephanie Vardavas. It mentions that Vardavas started her career as sports law practitioners at Nike Inc. Vardavas reveals that her willingness to tackle new challenges has made her a successful...