HOW WILL INFLATION PRESSURES IMPACT CONSUMER SPENDING AND PRICING IN 2011?
- Meat Prices and Factors Affecting them in Turkey. Cevger, Yavuz; Sakarya, Engin // Turkish Journal of Veterinary & Animal Sciences;2006, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p1
Secondary data from different sources were used to examine the changes in red meat prices in Turkey between 1976 and 1989 taking account of the impacts of inflation and red meat imports during that period. It is observed that in current prices a higher price increase was realized in red meat...
- The dangers of electioneering. Berry, Michael // Money Marketing (Online Edition);10/30/2014, p1
The article reports that the British economy is growing with greater-than-expected capacity and muted inflation that allow the Bank of England to lengthen its interest rate normalisation. Despite incomes being remained flat, there is movement on the other side with prices beginning to fall. The...
- Burden of administered prices. Preece, Howard // Finance Week;8/2/2004, p14
Discusses the need for the South African government to tighten its control of administered prices in August 2004. Impact of sound administered prices on interest rates; Increase in administered prices in 2004.
- Price Growth To Slow In Q208? // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Mar2008, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p7
This article presents an economic outlook for Czech Republic for 2008. It is noted that price growth is expected to remain elevated during the first quarter of 2008. In an effort to tackle persisting inflationary pressures, the national bank is expected to hike its policy rate from the current...
- Turkish consumers punished by inflation. // Market: Africa/Mid-East;Aug2003, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p8
Explores how inflation is affecting the purchasing power of consumers in Turkey. Impact of inflation on energy costs and food prices; Factors contributing to the decline in purchasing power; Status of formal and informal sales.
- Incomes, Prices and Consumption. Dufy, David; Durkan, Joseph; Timoney, Kevin; Casey, Eddie // Quarterly Economic Commentary;Winter2012, p9
The article presents statistical data about incomes, prices and consumption in Ireland for 2012. It notes a decline of about 9% in income from agriculture, based on the advance estimate of the Central Statistics Office (CSO) for this year. It cites the anticipated increase in the overall rate of...
- Consumer prices stay cool. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;8/20/2014, pA02
July's consumer price index rose just 0.1%, with the same slim gain excluding food and energy. Consumer inflation cooled to 2% from 2.1% in June. Core inflation held at 1.9%, though it fell fractionally. The Fed may tread carefully on raising rates, but declining gas prices might prompt more...
- A real interest rate rule for monetary policy? Smithin, John // Journal of Post Keynesian Economics;Fall2007, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p101
This paper examines four alternative types of guidelines for monetary policy: (1) stabilizing the real policy rate of interest at a â€˜lowâ€™ level, (2) pegging the nominal policy rate, (3) employing a standard monetary policy reaction function to target inflation, and (4) invoking the...
- Singapore. // Market: Asia Pacific;Aug2005, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p8
Presents data on economic indicators in Singapore. Purchasing power per capita in 2005; Consumer price inflation; Discretionary income.