Banks Launch Bond/Loan Deals for BakerCorp Buyout
- Banks Launch Roadshow for Palace HY Deal. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;2/21/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p23
The article reports that as of February 2011, Morgan Stanley and Credit Suisse are looking for buyers for Palace Entertainment's offering of junk bonds worth 430 million dollars, which it will use to pay off debts, and states that Country Garden plans to price its 1 billion dollar bond on...
- No black eye for Guy despite mea culpa to MSDW. Etzel, Barbara // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/23/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 41, p7
Reports on Salomon Smith Barney securities analyst Guy Moszkowski's re-evaluation of his research on the 20 worst-performing junk bond deals in the telecommunications sector, which has negatively affected Morgan Stanley Dean Witter's (MSDW) stock value. Efforts of MSDW to get Moszkowski to...
- A Return to the High-Yield Fold. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;02/11/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 6, p11
Reports the effort to stabilize the declining junk bonds business of Morgan Stanley & Co. in the United States. Reappointment of William Kourakos to head high-yield and loan; Selection of executives into the overall leveraged finance; Turnover in the high-yield department.
- Morgan Stanley Details Junk Woe. Mandaro, Laura // American Banker;10/12/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 196, p1
Discusses the revelations made by Morgan Stanley Dean Witter on the erosion of its profits for the third quarter of 2000 due to losses in the junk bond market. Costs of markdowns in the third quarter on its high-yield portfolio; Concerns on the market's lack of interest in new issues issuance.
- SHORT TAKES ON HIGH YIELD. Iyer, Savita // High Yield Report;10/16/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 40, p3
Reports on developments in the high-yield bond market in the United States as of October 16, 2000. Senior appointments in Donaldson Lufkin & Jenrette's leveraged finance group; Decline in stock prices of Morgan Stanley Dean Witter amid rumors of losses from underwriting and trading junk bonds.
- United Rentals Brings $2.2B to HY Queue. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;2/27/2012, p1
The article reports on the sale of 2.2. billion dollars worth of junk bonds by Greenwich, Connecticut-based United Rentals, an equipment rental company, to help finance an acquisition. It is stated that United Rentals is on the junk bond market with 1.55 billion dollars in senior notes due 2020...
- United Rentals Sells $2.825B in HY Bonds. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;2/27/2012, p16
The article highlights Greenwich, Connecticut's equipment rental firm United Rentals that priced 2.825 billion dollars in junk bonds on February 2012 after upsizing the offering. It is stated that United Rentals issued 1.325 billion dollars in 7.625% senior notes due 2022, 750 million dollars in...
- HY Market Sees Deals… Finally. SHEAHAN, MATTHEW // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;9/5/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 36, p3
This article reports on the issuance of junk bonds by Kinetic Concepts Inc. and Sealed Air Corp. Both companies are using the bonds to finance leveraged buyouts. Kinetic plans to issue second-lien senior notes and senior unsecured notes. The bookrunners on the offering included Bank of America...
- Junk bonds[a]. // Investment Dealers' Digest;02/01/99, Vol. 65 Issue 5, p24
Lists the largest investment banks in 1998 based on junk bonds underwritten. Includes Donaldson Lufkin & Jenrette Inc.; Morgan Stanley Dean Witter & Co.; Goldman Sachs & Co.