HY Market: There's No Time Like the Present
- Go 'Belly Up' for High Yield Bond Returns? Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;10/14/2013, p16
The article assesses the impact on the U.S. bond market of the Federal Reserve's announcement in summer 2013 that it would reduce its bond buying program. The high yield bond market was hit by the announcement, but bonds with maturities of three to six years, or those in the "belly" of the...
- January Proves Active for HY New Issues. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;2/10/2014, p7
The article reports that January 2014 was an active month for high yield bonds on the primary market with junk bond new issues totaling 32.9 billion U.S. dollars, which was considered as the largest monthly total for activity since October 2013.
- Bond Prices May Signal Slowdown. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;11/22/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 47, p7
The article deals with indicators of the possible slow down of junk bond market which include secondary bond prices and an increase in primary market discounts.
- Deutsche Hits the Road with EchoStar HY Deal. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;5/16/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 20, p11
The article reports that Deutsche Bank will conduct a roadshow for a 1.8-billion U.S. dollar high yield bond offering from EchoStar Corp.
- HY Funds Struggle to Put New Money to Work. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;11/7/2011, p3
The article reports on the struggle of traders to buy high yield bond in size. It attributes the situation to lack of inventory and reluctance of dealers to show a short offering. It characterizes the market as slow to restart after shutting down amid market turmoil over the 2011 summer. It...
- Canadian Issuers Mirror Glb Default Trend. J.B. // High Yield Report;5/3/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 18, p2
Reports on the decline in the default rate for high-yield bond issues in Canada for 2003. Performance of junk-rated issues; Comparison with the default rate in 2002; Corporations whose bond issues went into default.
- HIGH YIELD GAINERS & LOSERS. // High Yield Report;6/28/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 26, p7
Presents a chart of high yield bonds with biggest gains and losses in the United States as of June 23, 2004.
- EURO HY LEAGUE TABLE. // High Yield Report;6/28/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 26, p9
Presents a chart showing the ranking of high yield bond deals in Europe issued from January to June 24, 2004.
- US HY LEAGUE TABLE. // High Yield Report;6/28/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 26, p9
Presents a chart showing the ranking of high yield bonds issued in the United States from January to June 24, 2004.