PUTTING YOUR TRUST IN UNITS
- Fund Fee Revolt?... // Journal of Financial Planning;Feb97, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p16
Comments on a `Value Line Mutual Fund Advisor' article which examined the issue of shareholder resistance to increasing mutual fund fees.
- It's not the funds, it's how you use them that makes a difference. Jaffe, Charles A. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);11/16/98, Vol. 19 Issue 20, p20
Offers insights into the workings of mutual funds. Lack of differentiation among funds; Observations on the Schwab Institutional Investor Conference in Orlando, Florida; Asset allocation; Index funds; Risk tolerance.
- Market timing and unit trusts: Can you beat the market? Firer, Colin; Gray, Paula // South African Journal of Business Management;Sep96, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p58
Focuses on the findings of a study on the level of predictive accuracy required to benefit from a market-timing strategy using unit trusts as the investment medium. Influence of the quality of timing predictions on the performance of a fund; Switching facilities; Buy-and-hold strategy; Minimal...
- Stairway to heaven...or somewhere else? Smith, Robert G. // Financial Planning;Aug97, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p50
Warns that the unchallenged acceptance of portfolio laddering, combined with the lack of uniformity in its creation and application, represents a significant risk to mutual fund investors in the United States. Pitfalls of bandwagon investing; Components of fixed-income investment programs;...
- The feeling is mutual (Funds). // NEA Today;Oct97, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p39
Focuses on mutual funds, one of the best investment vehicles around for building savings that will supplement pension and Social Security income. Source of mutual fund; Processes involved when one invest in a mutual fund; Different types of mutual funds; Determining the right types of mutual...
- Unit trusts to charge more on savings plans. // Accountancy;Apr1985, Vol. 96 Issue 1100, p25
Focuses on the plans of Great Britain unit trusts to charge more for their regular monthly savings plans following agreement among the Department of Trade and Industry, Unit Trust Association and the Association of Corporate Trustees. Requirement for descriptive literature and advertisements to...
- WIDE CHOICE LOW COST. Dunham, Robin // Accountancy;Mar1993, Vol. 111 Issue 1195, p46
Recommends investment trusts as vehicles for regular savings. Types of investment trust schemes available; Long-term performance of most investment trusts versus most unit trusts; General advice for first-time investors.
- Four fund portfolios for your future. Wyatt, John; Gage, Eleni N. // Fortune;7/24/1995, Vol. 132 Issue 2, p131
Describes four mutual fund portfolios designed to fit four popular financial goals, by Michael Stolper, one of the top fund pickers in the United States. Harvard 2010 portfolio, an aggressive portfolio for investors seeking to finance a child's college education; Scrooge portfolio, long-term...
- SMART GROWTH PLAYS. McDonald, Kimberly Seals; Gunn, Eileen P. // Fortune;8/5/1996, Vol. 134 Issue 3, p231
Takes a look at aggressive growth fund investing in 1996 in light of the fact that the funds are nosediving. Whether investors should get out of the funds; What to look for in funds; Other advice; Listing of six suggested agressive and ultra-agressive growth funds.