Basic Fan Selection
- Fan Repair Can Save Thousands for Steel Mills, Other Metalproducers. Kuli, Thomas J.; Rape, Tim // 33 Metalproducing;Sep2001, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p49
Focuses on the benefits of repairing and rebuilding fans of steel mills in the United States. Cost effectivity of rebuilding; Importance of regular maintenance to save on repair costs; Capability of repair engineers to choose a suitable metal for the repaired fan.
- The pressure is on. Tinham, Brian // Works Management;Jul/Aug2013, Vol. 66 Issue 7, p43
The article presents information on the maintenance of pumps in plants and factories right across the industry spectrum in Great Britain. It informs that the centrifugal pumps are by far the most popular with their relatively low cost, engineers' familiarity and their ability to handle higher...
- Fan repair blows replacement away. Kuli, Thomas J.; Rape, Tim // Plant Engineering;Nov2008, Vol. 62 Issue 11, p30
The article offers insights into fan maintenance. According to the authors, repairing or rebuilding existing process fans can often lead to better efficiencies and cost savings. The authors mention three common causes of damage of fan, which include wear, corrosion and temperature. They stress...
- Fan maintenance saves energy. Petersen, Dana // Wallaces Farmer;May2012, Vol. 137 Issue 5, p33
The article reports that maintenance of fans in the hog barn can help in saving energy.
- Don't Forget Scavenger Fan. // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Jun2000, Issue 571, p13
Discusses the importance of maintaining a precleaner scavenger fan for keeping the Abrams' air induction system. Effect of rocks getting sucked in the fan; Consequences of a damaged fan.
- Horton Introduces DriveMasterÂ® Fan Drive Maintenance Training Kit. // Fleet Equipment;Apr2002, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p74
Offers information on the DriveMaster fan drive training program for DriveMaster fan drive maintenance from Horton Incorporated. Features of the training kit; Benefits of the fan drive for technicians.
- Fan maintenance saves energy. Petersen, Dana // Missouri Ruralist;Aug2012, p43
The article focuses on proper fan selection and maintenance to improve the energy efficiency of the ventilation system. INSET: Spreader moves more material.
- Preventing Voltage Feedback Problems. Tomczyk, John // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;05/14/2001, Vol. 213 Issue 2, p28
Provides insights on voltage feedback in refrigeration systems. Composition of a typical commercial refrigeration system; Conditions leading to voltage feedback; Installation of an evaporator fan to remedy to solve the electrical problem.
- Solutions to fan and blower bearing problems. Agius, Nick // Plant Engineering;Feb2001, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p76
Presents solutions to fan and blower bearing problems. Pillow block housings; Seals; Bearings; Fixed and floating bearings; Lubrication; Air cooling; Pedestal and fan base construction.