Don't Wait on Submittal Sheets
- Adapting quality function deployment to the U.S. Hales, Robert // IIE Solutions;Oct95, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p15
Examines the requirements that will make the United States' culture compatible with the quality function development (QFD) process. Benefits of QFD; What the participants want from the QFD process; How to use the QFD process.
- Using QFD to adapt QFD to your culture. Hales, Robert F. // Journal for Quality & Participation;Oct/Nov95, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p10
Focuses on the adaptation of the concept of the quality function deployment (QFD) with the American culture. Macro view of American culture; Values and behavior required by QFD; Using the QFD process to adapt it to American use. INSET: A brief review of the benefits of QFD...
- Ask the manager. // Design News;12/20/93, Vol. 49 Issue 24, p150
Answers queries on quality function deployment as a management tool. Application in the United States; Case studies of companies.
- QFD: Applying `The 80-20 rule'. Goldense, Bradford L. // Design News;12/20/93, Vol. 49 Issue 24, p150
Discusses the phenomenon of quality function deployment (QFD) in the United States. Rules on QFD; Application in companies in the United States; Advantages of QFD process.
- TABLE D. Salaries of U.S. Respondents Whose Organizations Integrate Quality Into Their Line Operations. // Quality Progress;Dec2002, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p47
Presents a chart depicting the salaries of U.S. respondents for organizations integrating the quality operations.
- The House That Quality Built. // PC FAB;Dec2001, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p47
Comments on the application of quality function deployment (QFD) in printed circuit board (PCB) manufacturing. Quality demands of customers; Procedures in PCB manufacturing; Graphical representation of QFD known as House of Quality.
- Using quality function deployment in business planning at a small appraisal firm. Ferrell, Susan F.; Ferrell Jr., William G. // Appraisal Journal;Jul94, Vol. 62 Issue 3, p382
Illustrates how Quality Function Deployment (QFD) is ideally suited for business planning in small appraisal firms. Background of QFD; Basics; QFD and appraisers; Case study.
- Optimization Impossible? Lowe, A.J.; Ridgway, K. // Quality Progress;Jul2000, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p59
Focuses on the importance of customer segmentation in quality function development. Concepts of optimization and utility; Implementation of approaches for measuring and combining the perception of the importance of customer segmentation; Illustration of the Impossibility Theorem.
- QFD: the Low-Tech Way to Collaborate. Piszczalski, Martin // Automotive Design & Production;Jan2003, Vol. 115 Issue 1, p16
Discusses the application of quality function deployment (QFD) in the automobile industry. Description of communication in the industry; Background on QFD; Explanations on the house of quality chart.