CODES & STANDARDS
- ANSI, National Consensus Standards & ASSE Participation as Secretariat. // Professional Safety;Oct2002, Vol. 47 Issue 10, p11
Discusses how the American National Standards Institute, American Society of Safety Engineers, and the National Consensus Standards interact to produce standards used by safety professionals in the United States. Responsibilities of a secretariat; Review and revision of standards; Facilitation...
- SAE standards on CD-ROM. // Products Finishing;Aug97, Vol. 61 Issue 11, p136
Reports on the availability of Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) standards on compact disc-Read Only Memory (CD-ROM). What standards are used for.
- NARTE sets the standard for EMC engineers. Romanchik, Dan // Test & Measurement World;Feb2003, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p56
Reports on the establishment of the standard for electromagnetic compatibility engineers by the National Association of Radio and Telecommunications Engineers (NARTE) in the U.S. Requirements for the NARTE certification; Tips in passing the NARTE test; Advice of NARTE-certified engineer Don...
- SCTE Expands Efforts To Set Cable's Specs. Baumgartner, Jeff // Multichannel News;04/30/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 18, p43
Reports on the expansion of the standardization efforts of the Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers. Addition of high-profile specifications; Ties with cable operators.
- `Lean' gets defined. // Quality;Nov99, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p18
Focuses on the Lean Operation Standard of the Society of Automotive Engineers. Application of the standard; Details on the standard.
- SAE adopts standard for auto exterior materials. // Industrial Paint & Powder;Jul94, Vol. 70 Issue 7, p7
Reports on the Standard J2019 adopted by the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) for choosing test methods and equipment for lightfastness requirements. Operating parameters specifications; Participation of Heraeus DSET Laboratories in the development of the standard.
- Standard trading conditions for SEA member. // Product Finishing;Feb2002, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p7
Reports on the issuance of standard trading conditions by the Surface Engineering Association (SAE) in Great Britain. Clarification to the problematic areas; Assurance to the conditions of the process; Recommendation of SEA to adopt the standard terms.
- Setting Standards. Turner, Fred // ASHRAE Journal;Mar2010, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p4
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses an article on how the new standard fits with others by Kent Peterson, the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers' (ASHRAE's) history of Standard 90, and Dennis Stanke's multiple-zone systems.
- CODES & STANDARDS. // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Sep2005, Vol. 77 Issue 9, p14
Presents an update on codes and standards in the heating and ventilation industry as of September 2005. Revisions to some standards of the Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration Institute; Approval of the publication of Addendum a to Standard 135.1-2003 by the American Society of Heating,...