The Case for Commissioning Existing Buildings
- Big guns square up for Â£130m Walsall PFI job. Warner, Brian // Contract Journal;1/12/2005, Vol. 426 Issue 6507, p10
Reports on the contractors selected by the Walsall Hospitals National Health Service Trust to bid for a Private Finance Initiative hospital redevelopment deal in West Midlands, England, as of January 2005. Value of the hospital deal; Factors behind the contract's appeal to both national and...
- Keep it Simple for Commissioning Success. Checket-Hanks, B. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;8/14/2006, Vol. 228 Issue 16, p38
The article discusses the key factors that building owners and operators need to consider when commissioning a building in the United States. According to Emcor senior engineer Jeff Traylor, commissioning is a team sport. Traylor examines key issues affecting smaller commercial building retrofit...
- CHAPTER 42: NEW BUILDING COMMISSIONING. // ASHRAE Handbook: HVAC Applications (9781931862226);2003, p42.1
Chapter 42 of the book "2003 ASHRAE HANDBOOK: Heating, Ventilating, and Air-Conditioning Applications" is presented. It offers an overview of general building commissioning process and provides a more narrative discussion on some issues on commissioning guideline draft. It also explains the...
- Rehabilitation Subcode Success. Fischer, Richard // Public Management (00333611);Mar2001, Vol. 83 Issue 2, p12
Focuses on the challenges faced in applying codes to renovations of old building stock and meeting the demands of codes. Purpose of building codes; Information on the success of applying the Code of Hammurabi in Texas.
- how toâ€¦ KEEP A SPEC BUILDING PRIME. ALLEN, JO // Estates Gazette;2/5/2011, Issue 1105, p117
In this article the author offers tips on keeping a building in peak condition, which include ensuring that the building it ready to accommodate occupants, avoiding the use of poor quality products and finishes, and maintaining a regular and strict maintenance.
- Administration Building No. 1 finally reopens after $5.5 million renovation. BITSOI, ALASTAIR LEE // Navajo Times;1/15/2015, Vol. 54 Issue 2, pA-2
The article reports on the opening of the renovated Administration Building No. 1 in Navajo Nation on January 12, 2015.
- No empty Shell. // International Construction;May2000, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p39
Focuses on the Shell Mex House redevelopment project of contractor Structuretone in London, England. Challenge for Structuretone; Description of the building; Use of three access hoists from Steinweg by the contractor; Factors to be considered in the building reconstruction.
- Working With a Contractor. Medford, Sarah; Freund, Anthony Barzilay // Town & Country;Oct2000, Vol. 154 Issue 5245, p229
Offers guidelines on working with a contractor of a renovation project.
- 6 Tulane University Center. Santora, Tommy // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);2/21/2005, Vol. 25 Issue 33, p13A
Focuses on the multimillion renovation and expansion of the Tulane University Center in New Orleans. Project value; Project schedule; Application of environmental elements in the structure's design by architectural firm Vincent James and Associates and Wayne Troyer Architects; Project size;...