PEOPLE & POSTS
- Personnel department organizational development study. Okamoto, John // Public Personnel Management;Spring93, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p7
Presents a comprehensive examination of the City of Seattle Personnel Department's mission, key programs and organizational structure. Organizational problem statements; General mission statement; Examination of organizational models; Recommended actions for the Department's organizational...
- HR Benchmarker 2003. // Personnel Today;4/1/2003, p42
No abstract available.
- Mixed message. Montague, Jim // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;11/05/96, Vol. 70 Issue 21, p13
Summarizes the results of a survey on American health care staffers' perceptions of their human resources departments. Finding that more managers were pleased with the services they received from the human services department; Favorable and unfavorable comments on the department.
- On the edge of oblivion. Fitz-Enz, Jac // HRMagazine;May96, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p84
Focuses on the reengineering of human resource departments in business enterprises in the United States. Staff deployment and development; Training of young human resource professionals.
- HUMAN RESOURCES BITES BACK. Stewart, Thomas A.; Martin, Michael H. // Fortune;5/13/1996, Vol. 133 Issue 9, p175
Talks about the feedback the author received in response to a column which suggested that companies dismantle their human resources (HR) departments. The column in the January 15, 1996 issue of `Fortune' magazine; The three categories of responses; The fact that many people misread the piece,...
- HR no longer heads communications. Flynn, Gillian // Personnel Journal;Oct95, Vol. 74 Issue 10, p27
Reports on a Watson Wyatt survey which reveals that human resource departments in the United States have lesser role in corporate communications. Companies' creation of separate communications functions; Factors for the diminished role of HR in internal communications.
- Most likely HR specializations. Flynn, Gillian // Personnel Journal;Oct95, Vol. 74 Issue 10, p27
Lists the possible fields of specialization of human resource departments in the United States. Includes employment/recruitment; Compensation; Labor relations.
- In The News …. // HR Specialist;Aug2011, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p1
The article offers U.S. news briefs related to personnel departments including the compilation of work-related injuries provided by the Recordkeeping Advisor software, the mandate of sick leave for service workers, and the dismissal of an employee who practices voodooism.
- In The News â€¦. // HR Specialist;Oct2011, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p1
The article offers U.S. news briefs related to personnel departments including the increase of dissatisfied employees, the expansion of the E-Verify Self-Check online system, and the lessened electric power consumption in Utah.