TRAINING TRENDS ARE STILL A MIXED PICTURE
- Accounting for people. Ralph, Steve // CA Magazine;Apr2009, Vol. 142 Issue 3, p36
The article reports on the adoption of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) in human resources (HR) development in Canada. The deadline of the adoption is on January 1, 2011. The HR department helps to realize the IFRS implementing its compliance strategy, which tackles about human...
- The System's the Thing. Verlander, Edward G. // Training & Development Journal;Apr85, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p20
Focuses on the need to involve managers in a career management system (CMS). Elements of an effective CMS; Importance of management support to the success of a CMS; Officials responsible for the success of the CMS.
- The 12-Fold Path to CD Enlightenment. Leibowitz, Zandy B.; Farren, Caela; Kaye, Beverly // Training & Development Journal;Apr85, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p28
Focuses on the driving principles of a successful career development (CD) program. Extent to which systems models and approaches underlie CD programs; Definition of organizational problems; Alignment of the CD program with the objectives of the human resources department; Outline of a...
- CHINESE PUZZLE. Sloman, Martyn // People Management;1/11/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p40
This article discusses how the Chinese human resource (HR) community can ensure the workforce is equipped to meet the demands of the future. A study showed that the role of learning, training and development in China would be fundamentally the same with other countries. It is suggested that HR...
- Back to the Campus: Career Development in an Academic Setting. Kahnweiler, Jennifer B. // Training & Development Journal;Aug84, Vol. 38 Issue 8, p54
Suggests that colleges and universities are increasingly opening their doors to people interested in career development. Role of the academic route in meeting the demand for career development; Training workshops; One-to-one training approach.
- Fail-Safe Pilot Programs. Derven, Marjorie Garfunkel // Training & Development Journal;Mar1989, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p63
Focuses on the preparation of a pilot for a new employee training program. Selection of participants for the pilot; Maximization of learners' attitudes; Implementation of the pilot program; Evaluation of the pilot's outcome.
- IN BRIEF. // People Management;5/2/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p13
Presents updates on people management in Great Britain as of May 2002. Selection of training guru; Assessment of job applicants; Factors to consider in career management.
- Guiding People into the Training Profession. Blitzer, Roy J. // Training & Development Journal;Dec88, Vol. 42 Issue 12, p65
Offers guidelines for people contemplating a shift to the corporate training sector from other fields of disciplines. Retraining for employees with academic backgrounds; Significance of people skills in the training profession; Assessments of a candidate's strength and improvement areas.
- Learning to Learn: How to Find Training and Classes that Work for You. Laabs, Jennifer // Workforce (10928332);Aug2000, Vol. 79 Issue 8, p100
Discusses ways to evaluate a company's career development needs. Discovering the company's learning style; Selection of goals and priorities; Options for career development.