BEST OF THE BLOGS
- Employment law is 'hindering business' // Works Management;Sep2002, Vol. 55 Issue 9, p12
Reports on the findings of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development's Employment Law survey 2002 in Great Britain. Hindrance posed by employment law to businesses; Vagueness of employment legislation; Insufficiency of the guide provided by the law.
- Employment Law Challenges Await Businesses. Sikorski, John C. // BusinessWest;Mar2001, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p49
Focuses on a variety of employment law challenges for firms in Massachusetts. Regular training of supervisors to routinely document performance deficiencies; Family leave issues; Continued growth in electronic commerce.
- Are You in Compliance? Flynn, Cynthia // Business NH Magazine;Feb2000, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p25
Encourages New Hampshire businesses to comply with local labor laws. Importance of a written documentation in the workplace; Rulings governing the hiring of young workers; Tips for employers in complying with labor laws.
- Special Report Saudi Arabia. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;7/8/2011, Vol. 55 Issue 27, p29
The article reports that due to the current wave of civil strife in the Middle East region, decision-makers in Saudi Arabia have revised the Saudisation legislation and are now taking steps to make businesses more responsible when employing workers.
- CHISMES. // Caribbean Business;12/12/2013, Vol. 41 Issue 48, p48
The article offers information on topics related to business enterprises in the Caribbean Area including the labor law changes, departures in the cabinet of Governor Alejandro GarcÃa Padilla, and the construction process of the Mall of San Juan project.
- Create jobs or repay state aid, new law says. Scott, Andrew // Fairfield County Business Journal;7/1/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 26, p1
Report on the imposition of law requiring the businesses to repay the state assistant in failure to create jobs in Fairfield County, Connecticut. Purpose of improving the quality of life and socioeconomic development; Authorship of the law by Governor John Rowland; Amount of funds from the state.
- ASK THE EXPERTS. Smith, Richard // Director;Aug2008, Vol. 62 Issue 1, p20
The article provides an answer to a question about the impact of employment law on a company amid the economic downturn.
- IN BRIEF. // Crain's New York Business;12/6/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 49, p2
The article presents news briefs for New York region including approval of a bill in the State Assembly for the benefit of low-wage workers, news on the extension of emergency employment benefits in the state, and information service provider Bloomberg LP's efforts to expand its headquarter.
- Employment act must be posted. Ross, Ian // Northern Ontario Business;Dec2001, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p2
Reports that companies in Northern Ontario are required to post a copy of the Employment Standards Act (ESA) at their place of business. Key stipulations of the ESA; Changes to the stipulations of the ESA; Impact of the ESA on employment practices.