VIEW FROM THE CIPD
- Perspective: Collective redundancy consultation -- when should it begin? Newman, Darren // Employers Law;Mar2012, p10
The article highlights litigation challenges to be expected over the collective consultation process in Great Britain amid a number of large-scale redundancies having taken place as of March 2012. A number of unresolved issues in relation to the requirements for collective consultation remain,...
- Handle with care. Thomas, Dan // Employers Law;Nov2010, p12
The article discusses the need for employers to manage job cuts carefully in lieu with Great Britain's Comprehensive Spending Review (CSR). It is projected that under the spending review, up to 725,000 public-sector jobs will be lost while 500,000 workers from private-sector businesses that...
- employment law timetable. // Employers Law;Mar/Apr2010, p4
The article discusses enacted and soon-to-be enacted labor laws in Great Britain as of March 2010, including the statutory right to request for time off for study or training and replacement of the sick note with a fit note.
- CONSULTATION WATCH. // Employers Law;Mar/Apr2010, p5
This section presents news briefs related to public consultation on labor laws in Great Britain as of March 2010 which includes the government's consultation on travel and subsistence scheme arrangements for temporary workers and the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills' consultation...
- Final amendments made to Agency Workers Regulations. // Employers Law;Sep2011, p5
The article reports that the British government has published the amendments to the Agency Workers Regulations 2010 for implementation on October 1, 2011.
- New job law unveiled. // Recruiter;2/9/2011, p11
The article reports on the implementation of the new labor law in Great Britain, which is the Employer's Charter, to give employers more confidence to hire staff.
- Pointless piece of protection. MARTIN, STEFAN // Recruiter;Nov2012, p18
The article discusses the efficacy of the Agency Workers Regulations (AWR) in Great Britain.
- legal calendar. // Employers Law;Dec2013/Jan2014, p27
A calendar of events concerning British labor law for December 2013-October 2014 is presented, including effectivity of Police Act 1997 Regulations 2013, changes to Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations 2006 and regulation freeze for businesses with less than 50 workers.
- Equality Act -policies should be checked. // Credit Management;Nov2010, p43
The article reports on the effectivity of the Equality Act 2010 which consolidates previous legislation in Great Britain.