KNOW YOUR BUSINESS
- A BIT OF PR FOR HR. MOLE, FINANCE // Accountancy;Aug2010, Vol. 146 Issue 1404, p20
The author comments on the role of the human resources (HR) department in an organization. He discusses the evolution of the personnel department to HR and details how the functions and responsibilities of HR changed over time. The author describes the qualities of an HR director and explains...
- Corporate Heads. // Cincinnati Magazine;Apr2004, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p60
Presents information on salaries of corporation heads of various business enterprises in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Consistencia de las polÃticas de RRHH: CÃ³mo lograr polÃticas que encajen. Lagomarsino, Raúl // Revista de Antiguos Alumnos del IEEM;2007, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p44
No abstract available.
- The critical fine print of policies, procedures. Gallinger, George // Westchester County Business Journal;4/14/2008, Vol. 47 Issue 15, p27
The article provides information related to human resources. Business of all sizes and types can benefit from documented policies and procedures. From finance and human resources to information technology and beyond, this service relates to any company function. Experienced consultants can help...
- In-House HR Departments Join the Dinosaurs. // Orange County Business Journal;6/17/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 24, pA-37
Reports on the practice of outsourcing human resource management (HRM) functions by companies in the U.S. as of June 2002. Views on HRM departments; Benefits of outsourcing HRM functions; Suggestions.
- Politicians need an HR lesson: teamwork with a focus. Schambers, Ardon // Grand Rapids Business Journal;12/2/2013, Vol. 31 Issue 48, p18
The article presents the author's insights on the human resource (HR) lessons needed by politicians. The author mentions that the lessons learned in the business or organization through better human resource practices can be applied to the governing bodies of a country. He suggests that a...
- DON'T PANIC! SIMMS, JANE // People Management;Jun2014, p22
The article focuses on the role of the human resources (HR) department in crisis management of a business organization. It discusses the actions made by the HR department of a housing association following the death of its chief executive officer (CEO), examples of crisis faced by business...
- HOW TO…assess HR's contribution. Stewart, Ken // People Management;9/24/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 20, p31
The article offers guidance on how to assess the contribution of human resource (HR) department to solving business problems. The author highlights the importance of understanding the metrics and collecting the correct data. He adds that right data must be reported to the right people and data...
- HR with 'oomph' is really about honest reflection. Warner, Alan // Personnel Today;9/25/2007, p21
The article presents the author's comments related to the efficiency of the human resource (HR) department of an organization. The author feels that HR people should develop a thinking that challenges the reasons for disciplinaries, a determination to get at the root cause, and a passion for...