KNOW YOUR BUSINESS
- A BIT OF PR FOR HR. MOLE, FINANCE // Accountancy;Aug2010, Vol. 146 Issue 1404, p20
The author comments on the role of the human resources (HR) department in an organization. He discusses the evolution of the personnel department to HR and details how the functions and responsibilities of HR changed over time. The author describes the qualities of an HR director and explains...
- Corporate Heads. // Cincinnati Magazine;Apr2004, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p60
Presents information on salaries of corporation heads of various business enterprises in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Welch on winning. // Director;Sep2007, Vol. 61 Issue 2, p38
The author answers a question on the role of the human resources (HR) team. He said that most companies mismanaged their human resources department and HR rarely functions as it should. He advises corporate directors to hire HR people with stature and credibility. HR personnel should hear all...
- Human Resources Take Center Stage. Melvin, Sheila // China Business Review;Nov/Dec2000, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p38
Discusses the transformation of the human resources (HR) function in China-based foreign-invested enterprises (FIE). Determinants of the HR department's role in an FIE; Role of HR managers in corporate management; Impact of China's entry to the World Trade Organization on the functions of HR...
- Consistencia de las polÃticas de RRHH: CÃ³mo lograr polÃticas que encajen. Lagomarsino, Raúl // Revista de Antiguos Alumnos del IEEM;2007, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p44
No abstract available.
- barometer result. // Personnel Today;10/9/2007, p2
The article presents the findings of a survey in which readers were asked to suggest whether their organizations were age compliant. About 55 percent of respondents answered in affirmative. Apart from this, the article also solicits readers' perspectives on whether their organizations gave...
- Calendar. // Central Penn Business Journal;9/17/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 39, p23
A calendar of events in Pennsylvania in September 2010 is presented which includes the roundtable for new business owners in Lancaster chamber, the human resources seminar, and the sixth annual charity golf outing.
- The critical fine print of policies, procedures. Gallinger, George // Westchester County Business Journal;4/14/2008, Vol. 47 Issue 15, p27
The article provides information related to human resources. Business of all sizes and types can benefit from documented policies and procedures. From finance and human resources to information technology and beyond, this service relates to any company function. Experienced consultants can help...
- In-House HR Departments Join the Dinosaurs. // Orange County Business Journal;6/17/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 24, pA-37
Reports on the practice of outsourcing human resource management (HRM) functions by companies in the U.S. as of June 2002. Views on HRM departments; Benefits of outsourcing HRM functions; Suggestions.