- One million ARM cores to simulate a brain at Manchester University. Bush, Steve // Electronics Weekly;7/20/2011, Issue 2475, p16
The article reports on the plans of researchers at the University of Manchester in Manchester, England, to use ARM processors from ARM Holdings PLC to simulate 1% of the human brain. It is reported that, the simulation work is headed by professor Steve Furber, and the computer will be built...
- Version 6 armed for Multimedia Apps. Murphy, Tom // Electronic News;10/22/2001, Vol. 47 Issue 43, p34
Introduces the ARMv6 microchip design of ARM Holdings Ltd. Improvements in the microchips design of ARM; Features of the ARMv6; Capabilities of the ARMv6.
- ARM unveils fast mobile chip. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;2/5/2015, pA02
The article offers information on the Cortex A-72 mobile chip from ARM Holdings.
- Warren East. Simonite, Tom // MIT Technology Review;Jan/Feb2013, Vol. 116 Issue 1, p18
An interview with Warren East, chief executive officer (CEO) of computer chip company ARM, who discusses topics including the energy efficiency of chips, a Microsoft tablet computer using ARM's technology for its processor, and the performance of ARM chips in personal computers (PCs).
- ARM Holdings: the chips are up. // MarketWatch: Technology;March 2004, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p13
Looks into the overall financial performance and business activities of ARM Holdings PLC in the U.S. integrated circuits industry. Projected sales of the company for the year 2004; Net income and revenues of the company; Decision of the company to resume paying dividends to its shareholders;...
- Chipping Away at Multimedia Content. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;7/15/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 15, p32
Deals with the efforts of chip suppliers to advance technology and enhance audio and video quality in 2005. Creation of mobile phones using the technology of ARM Holdings PLC; Components of the Mobile Station Modem 7xxx line of Qualcomm Inc.; Transformation of mobiles phones into consumer...
- Untitled. // Electronics Weekly;10/6/2010, Issue 2442, p15
The article reports that following the proposed acquisition of the mobile phone chip business of Infineon Technologies AG, Intel Corp. will now negotiate on a series of new ARM Holdings PLC processor licenses. It is stated that the firm has had licenses for ARM11 MPCore and ARM946 for some time...
- ARM vs x86. Halfacree, Gareth // Custom PC;Oct2012, Issue 109, p20
The author talks about the difference between the chips produced by Arm Holdings and the x86 chips of Intel. According to the author, the chips of ARM has simplified design and reduced instruction set computer (RISC) architecture which consumes less energy. Intel produced its Atom processors to...
- The Chip Company That Dares to Battle Intel. Fortt, Jon // Fortune International (Asia);7/20/2009, Vol. 160 Issue 2, p50
The article focuses on ARM, a chip company based in Great Britain formerly known as Advanced RISC Machine). It provides an overview of the financial performance of ARM. It assesses the role that ARM would assume in the market for chips for smartphones and other non-personal computer (PC)...