Food Quality Attributes among Malaysia's Fast Food Customer
- mcmarketing to kids. Lofshult, Diane // IDEA Fitness Journal;Nov/Dec2007, Vol. 4 Issue 10, p72
The article explains the effects of branding on children in the U.S. An experimental study was conducted that asked 63 children, aged 3.5-5.4 years, to taste five pairs of identical foods and beverages. Each pair of foods was divided into branded packages that were labeled s coming from...
- Hot ON the grill. Petrak, Lynn // National Provisioner;Mar2006 Supplement, p9
The article discusses the shift of food service operators to precooked products to reduce time constraint and cost while maintaining consistency and quality. Quick-service restaurants and independent and casual food service operators prefer precooked meat and poultry products for reasons that...
- What is Quicj Casual Anyway? Lynds, Corinne // Foodservice & Hospitality;Jan2004, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p26
Reports on the increasing popularity of quick-service restaurants in Canada. Emphasis on offering high-quality food and better ambiance; Use of healthy and fresh ingredients; Implications of the quick casual concept for the Canadian food service sector. INSET: NAME THAT OPERATOR SEGMENT..
- Designers don't just get tanked up. Clayton, Richard // Design Week;8/21/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 34, p9
Considers petrol forecourt as one of the prime sites for retail growth in the food and drinks sector. Factors which contributes to the growth of petrol forecourt.
- Anti-US feeling opens up Gulf markets. // Food Manufacture;Sep2002, Vol. 77 Issue 9, p7
Focuses on the increase of opportunities for non-US suppliers foodservice market in the Middle East. Impact of the anti-American sentiment by fast food outlets in Kuwait; Composition of the foodservice market.
- Fast, Cheap and Out of Control. Sperber, Bob // Brandweek;1/7/2002, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p8
Presents an update on the United States fast food restaurant industry as of January 7, 2002. Expected sales increase over 2001; Increase in the products featured in the Every Day value menu of McDonald's restaurants; Strategy employed by Tricon, the owner of Taco Bell, Pizza Hut and Kentucky...
- Time and intensity of sensory traits. // Prepared Foods;Feb95, Vol. 164 Issue 2, p59
Reports on the use of time intensity (TI) testing in the food market. Use of TI testing to monitor intensity of sensory attributes over time; Sensible assessment of perception of sensory attributes; Parameters; Importance of taste perception in development of successful food products.
- Ingredients Update. // Prepared Foods;Oct98, Vol. 167 Issue 10, p64
Provides information on various food ingredients. Ribotide, a flavor enhancer from Takeda Vitamin & Food USA Inc.; Applications of all-natural sour flavors from Watson Foods Co. and Diamalt Backmittel; Cheese Booster, a balanced blend of functional flavor-enhancing from Gist-brocades.
- SENSORY SCIENCE. // Restaurant Business;Dec2006, Vol. 105 Issue 12, p46
The article presents information on sensory sciences, which is a sub-field of food science. Sensory evaluation practices are integral to product developers. Sensory techniques can be used to narrow down concepts optimize a developing product and monitor and control quality of the finished...