Books-A-Million Q4 Performance Highlights Industry Trends
- B&N Will Rise or Fall with Content. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;8/27/2012, Vol. 259 Issue 35, p6
This article discusses the fiscal future of book retailers Barnes & Noble (B&N) and Books-A-Million (BAM) and their 2011-2013 sales trends. Topics include a statement by B&N's chief executive officer (CEO) William Lynch on the company's profitability, problems with B&N's Nook electronic book...
- Caving in and going digital is not so bad. Lundin, Martha // Writer (Kalmbach Publishing Co.);Oct2011, Vol. 124 Issue 10, p12
A personal narrative is presented wherein the author describes her experience using the Nook electronic book reading device and accessing literary content in digital format.
- E-READERS. // Graphic Arts Industry News Digest;6/1/2011, Vol. 1 Issue 12, p18
The article offers brief information on the Nook electronic-reader from Barnes & Noble Inc.
- TABLET PCS. // Graphic Arts Industry News Digest;5/1/2011, Vol. 1 Issue 11, p22
The article focuses on the software upgrade for the color devices of NOOK electronic book reader which was issued by Barnes & Noble Inc. to provide users with access to electronic mail and web sites.
- Explaining B&N's Unfair Punishment from Wall Street. // Book Publishing Report;Nov2009, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p9
The article presents the author's perspectives of advertizing Barnes & Noble Inc.'s Nook electronic (e)-book to the hype-star top get attention for the product in the U.S. in 2009.
- Nook Color Gets Apps, Email, Web Upgrades. Olenick, Doug // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;5/2/2011, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p6
The article reveals that Barnes & Noble has broadened the capabilities of its Nook Color electronic book reader.
- DON'T LEAVE HOME WITHOUT IT. Taylor, Lisa // School Library Journal;Sep2010, Vol. 56 Issue 9, p12
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Test Drive," by Jeffrey Hastings in the July 2010 issue.
- BARNES & NOBLE EXTENDS NOOK VIDEO ACCESS; REVENUE AND PROFIT DROP. TRIBBEY, CHRIS // Home Media Magazine;8/26/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 34, p8
The article reports that book retailer Barnes & Noble will give access to Nook Video to iOS Android and Roku device owners through a free application to boost its Ultra-Violet-enabled video service.
- Barnes & Noble Separates Nook Finances As E-Book Hardware Demand Softens. // Book Publishing Report;Jul2012, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p10
The article reports that BarnesandNoble.com LLC has decided to separate its Nook business because it had affected the demand of electronic book hardware although Nook business has provided a revenue of 933 million dollars in 2011.