Report Excerpt: St. Martin's Press in 2010
- On The Cover. ST. MARTIN'S PRESS // Vanity Fair;May2015, Vol. 57 Issue 5, p171
The cover page of the periodical â€œVanity Fair" is presented.
- CASEY ANTHONY: FOR SALE? Hibberd, James; Staskiewicz, Keith // Entertainment Weekly;7/22/2011, Issue 1164, p16
The article discusses the reluctance of media companies to engage in the purchase of a book or motion picture contract with Casey Anthony, who was acquitted in the murder of her daughter, despite the announcement of a book about Anthony to be released by St. Martin's Press on November 8, 2011.
- SMP Delves into Breastfeeding Controversy. Deahl, Rachel // Publishers Weekly;5/7/2012, Vol. 259 Issue 19, p8
The article states that literary agent Stacey Glick at Dystel & Goderich Literary Management sold world rights to breastfeeding advocate Kimberly Seals Allers book "The Big Letdown: The True Story of How Politicis, Feminism and Big Business Changed Breastfeeding" to the publisher St. Martin's Press
- CHILD IS FATHER TO THE MONSTER. PICKER, LENNY // Publishers Weekly;11/12/2012, Vol. 259 Issue 46, p36
The article profiles editor Lincoln Child, focusing on his collaboration with author Douglas Preston. The pair's initial work together, a history of the American Museum of Natural History called "Dinosaurs in the Attic," is noted to have prompted Child to ask Preston to create a thriller set in...
- ON THE BEATON PATH. PICKER, LENNY // Publishers Weekly;11/17/2014, Vol. 261 Issue 46, p28
A career profile is presented of romance, detective and mystery author Marion Chesney, also known as her pseudonym M. C. Beaton. Topics discussed include her debut publication of her "Six Sisters" romance series by editor Hope Dellon at publisher St. Martin's Press, her start as a crime reporter...
- THE KILLER GENRE. Williams, Wilda W. // Library Journal;4/15/2007, Vol. 132 Issue 7, p38
The author reports on some of the new trends in book publishing. Featured in this article are startup publishers such as St. Martin's Minotaur who have found success in publishing lesser known authors. Other publishers are building on their mystery programs by taking them to new directions. For...
- Deals. // Publishers Weekly;5/12/2014, Vol. 261 Issue 19, p9
The article discusses deals between authors and publishers as of May 12, 2014. Topics include how author Eytan Bayme sold his memoir "High Holiday Porn" to St. Martin's Press, how publisher Bloomsbury obtained world English rights to the novel "Lifted by the Great Nothing" by Karim Dimechkie,...
- Deals. DEAHL, RACHEL // Publishers Weekly;7/27/2015, Vol. 262 Issue 30, p6
The article offers publishing news briefs. The publishing firm Two Dollar Radio has acquired its first graphic novel, "Daniel Johnston" by Ricardo Cavolo. Charles Spicer, executive editor of the publishing firm St. Martin's Press, has secured the North American rights to "Six," a book about the...
- News Briefs. // Publishers Weekly;2/16/2009, Vol. 256 Issue 7, p2
This section offers news briefs related to the publishing industry in the U.S. Amazon will begin shipping its upgraded electronic book (e-book) reader Kindle 2 on February 24, 2009. Steve Rubin, former publisher and president of Doubleday Broadway, has been named executive vice-president (v-p)...