AAP: Print Takes a Beating in 2010 as Digital Steps Up
- Print Decline Accelerated In 2011. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;1/2/2012, Vol. 259 Issue 1, p4
The article focuses on decline in the sales of print books in 2011, as revealed from data from the book sales tracking service Nielsen BookScan. It states that the trend of falling print sales of 2010 continued in 2011 and informs that unit print sales in outlets fell by 8.9 percent in 2011, as...
- Why We Should All Start Reading Paper Books Again. // Moderate Voice;1/12/2015, p11
The article discusses the importance of reading paper books as compared to e-books. Topics discussed include 2014 study highlighting readers using e-book readers Kindles were less competent in recalling events in the book as compared to those who used paperbacks, statement of Anne Mangen of...
- Tech's Effects on Text. // BizEd;May/Jun2010, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p71
The article offers information on the research to be conducted by the Sawyer School of Management students regarding the effect of the digital technology on the text books.
- LETTER: Growing brand shows that there's an art to good retail. Fanthorpe, Mark // Design Week (Online Edition);6/16/2011, p11
The article discusses the increase in the sales of digital books which has surpassed the sales of printed books.
- AAP: Trade Net Sales Drop 13.7% in Q1. // Book Publishing Report;Jun2009, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p10
The article reports on the 13.7% decline on the net sales of trade books in the U.S. for the first quarter of 2009. According to the Association of American Publishers (AAP), the decline of sales is a result to the market shift from to a less expensive format. A chart is presented depicting the...
- Finding the Right Role for Trade Paperbacks. Deahl, Rachel // Publishers Weekly;4/23/2012, Vol. 259 Issue 17, p3
The article looks at the transitional state of trade paperback books with a focus on the life cycle of a book. Topics include the growing industry of digital publishing, necessary changes to the format of trade paperback production, the decline of hardcover and paperback sales at bookstores, and...
- EM PULSE: College Sales Up 4.9%. // Educational Marketer;11/10/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 22, p1
The article reports on the increase of the net sales of college textbooks in the U.S. in 2008.
- CEPHALON REPORTS RECORD EARNINGS AND RAISES 2010 GUIDANCE. // Biotech Financial Reports;Nov2010, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p8
The article reports on the corporate earnings of Cephalon Inc. in Frazer, Pennsylvania with sales of 707.1 million U.S. dollars in the third quarter of 2010, a 32 percent increase compared to sales of 535.2 million dollars in the same period of 2009.
- Anaren sales, profit rise on growth in wireless business. TAMPONE, KEVIN // Business Journal (Central New York);8/12/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 32, p2
The article reports on the increase of sales and profits of DeWitt, New York-based Anaren Inc. for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2011.