Will Digital Books Survive The Age of Independent Bookstores?
- Why Transformation Is a Top Business Priority. McCafferty, Dennis // CIO Insight;7/27/2015, p2
The article presents a slideshow of a survey conducted by enterprise application services firm Headspring, which depicts how the majority of companies surveyed are undergoing or preparing for a major transformation to reduce costs, increase business agility, and improve customer relationships.
- Improve Processes, Reengineer Them, or Both? Chang, Richard Y. // Training & Development;Mar94, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p54
Discusses the differences between quality improvement and process reengineering techniques. Senior-management involvement; Intensity of team-member involvement; Improvement goals; Implementation approach; Magnitude of organizational change; Breadth of focus; Use of benchmark data; Dependence on...
- Independents' Latest, Maybe Greatest, Challenge--Finding Role In Ebook Market. // Book Publishing Report;10/09/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 40, p1
Discusses the challenges faced by independent booksellers in the United States. Share of the electronic book (ebook) market; Prediction of Andersen Consulting for ebook sales by 2005; Presence of ebooks on the Internet.
- Reframing the behavioural analysis of re-engineering: an exploratory case. Zaidifard, Danny R. // Journal of Information Technology (Routledge, Ltd.);Jun1998, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p127
This paper examines the application of the concepts and research derived from studies of dysfunctional and addictive social behaviours to the implementation of change in an organizational arena. The majority of work on change management and, more specifically, re-engineering has been dominated...
- Making Tough Calls Is, Well, Your Job. MYATT, MIKE // Conference Board Review;Spring2010, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p5
The article presents an excerpt from a blog post by author Mike Myatt at the N2Growth blog at www.n2growth.com/blog.
- What reengineering does for you. // New Zealand Management;Jul2001, Vol. 48 Issue 6, p10
Presents insights on the importance of reengineering to a business. Focus on the business process; Identification of areas for improvement in an organization; Principles involved in reengineering.
- When Pigs Fly: The Improbable Dream of Bookselling in a Digital Age. Bluemle, Elizabeth // Horn Book Magazine;Mar/Apr2013, Vol. 89 Issue 2, p59
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience owning the independent bookstore The Flying Pig in Vermont during the digital age of electronic books (e-books).
- IT'S IN THE BAG. // ForeWord Reviews;Summer2013, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p11
The article reports that an independent bookstore promotion campaign "Books Are My Bag" was launched at the London Book Fair on April 16, 2013 to win back avid readers and to remain in competition with electronic book stores like Amazon.com.
- E-book Programs for Indies. J. R. // Publishers Weekly;2/27/2012, Vol. 259 Issue 9, p21
The article discusses promotional efforts undertaken by independent bookstores to sell e-books.