Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, St. Lucie Schools Forge $23.8 Million Alliance
- HMH Likely to Weather Detroit Bankruptcy. // Educational Marketer;7/29/2013, Vol. 44 Issue 16, p3
The article reports on the response of educational and trade publisher Houghton Mifflin (HMH) Harcourt Publishing Co. on the declaration of bankruptcy by the city of Detroit in Michigan. It notes that the Detroit school system is the largest single customer of HMH with a multi-year technology...
- CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW? Hamilton, Boni // Library Sparks;Nov2014, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p44
The article discusses strategies and online tools that educators and librarians may use to enhance listening and speaking skills of grades K-5 students. Topics explored include the features of the online professional development video launched by publisher Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, the...
- IM Spending Remains Slow in Texas. // Educational Marketer;7/16/2012, Vol. 44 Issue 15, p3
The article reports on the findings of the Texas Education Agency that instructional materials (IM) spending has remained slow as of July 2012. It states that Texas school districts were given 225 million dollars to buy instructional materials, however, they have only ordered 38.2 million worth...
- Texas Reading and Literature Adoption Ordering Gets Under Way. // Educational Marketer;5/10/2010, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p1
The article focuses on the increase in orders for K-12 reading and literature instructional materials by school districts in Texas in 2010. It mentions the increase in orders from publishing companies including Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Co., McGraw-Hill Cos., and Hampton-Brown. It...
- industry update. // T H E Journal;May2011, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p6
The article offers education technology news briefs, including Interactive teaching technologies company DYMO/Mimio's acquisition of adaptive instructional content provider Headsprout, textbook publisher Houghton Mifflin Harcourt's release of a textbook in digital format, and Smartpen maker...
- News Briefsï¿½. // Electronic Education Report;11/28/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 23, p8
The article reports on the plan of Houghton Mifflin Hardcourt Publishing Co. to implement a multifaceted education solution for public schools that is based around the Pinpoint management suite and the effort of Lexington County, South Carolina to distribute more than 6,600 iPads to students.
- HMH Takes Stake in School Chapters. // Educational Marketer;5/06/2013, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p5
The article reports that Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Co. (HMH) in Boston, Massachusetts has continued to invest in educational technology, with its most recent acquisition of a 25% stake in School Chapters.
- Partnership & Acquisitions Briefs. // Electronic Education Report;3/28/2014, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p8
The article presents news briefs from the educational technology industry including a partnership between myON, a provider of personalized literacy solutions for PreK-12, and the Northwest Council for Computer Education, partnership between educational publisher Houghton Mifflin Harcourt...
- News Briefs …. // Educational Marketer;8/13/2012, Vol. 44 Issue 17, p8
The article reports that Riverside Publishing Co., Illinois, the testing arm of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Co., has released the Woodcock Interpretation and Instructional Interventions Program 2.0, an updated version of the assessment suite for instructional interventions for students.