Around the States ï¿½
- Around the Statesï¿½. // Educational Marketer;6/25/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 13, p8
The article reports on the decision of school districts in Kirkwood, Missouri to allocate $72,000 for K-8 music textbooks and materials as reported by the "Educational Marketer." The school districts agreed that they will include the book series "Spotlight on Music," published by McGraw-Hill...
- McGraw-Hill Foresees Lower PreK-12 Growth. // Educational Marketer;9/29/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 19, p1
The article discusses the business growth projection of corporate chairman Harold McGraw III of McGraw-Hill Cos. for the PreK-12 textbook industry. Accordingly, McGraw believes that the PreK-12 market will experience a downward growth of four to five percent for the rest of 2008. He attributes...
- SNAPSHOT. Bradley, Ann // Education Week;4/27/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 33, p4
The article reports that Carlos Garcia, the superintendent of the Clark County, Nevada, school district, will step down from his post in July to join a major textbook publisher. He will become a vice president of urban markets for the McGraw-Hill Cos. Inc.
- McGraw-Hill, Pearson Programs Are Most Widely Used Among 2007 ERF Grantees. // Educational Marketer;9/17/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 18, p1
The article provides information concerning the early childhood reading products from McGraw-Hill Cos. Inc. in New York. Its products are the most widely used among the 32 local education agencies or organization that were awarded almost $115 million in the three-year Early Reading First grants...
- Texas Reading and Literature Adoption Ordering Gets Under Way. // Educational Marketer;5/10/2010, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p1
The article focuses on the increase in orders for K-12 reading and literature instructional materials by school districts in Texas in 2010. It mentions the increase in orders from publishing companies including Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Co., McGraw-Hill Cos., and Hampton-Brown. It...
- PLATTS LAUNCHES BROKER-BASED U.S. EMISSIONS INDEXES. // Industrial Environment;Nov2003, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p8
Reports on the authoritative indexes for the sulfur dioxide and nitrogen oxide allowances developed by Platts.
- Famous McGraw-Hill ad gets facelift. Garigliano, Jeff // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;01/01/97, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p22
Reports on the updated version of the `man in the chair' print advertisement of McGraw-Hill Co., which has been around since the late 1960s. Consistency in the ad's emphatic, blunt copy; Reason for the updating of the ad.
- New division to handle Ed. management SW. // T H E Journal;Apr94, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p24
Reports that McGraw-Hill has established a new division to handle local area network-based K-12 school administrative management solutions. Student management system for district personnel; Automation software.
- Hire service stars. // Personnel Journal;Nov95 Supplement New Product, Vol. 74 Issue 11, p15
Focuses on the Customer Service Skills Inventory (CSSI) from McGraw Hill. What it is; What it does; Special features.