College Sales Stumble in January, Down 1.4%
- College Textbook Net Sales Skyrocket in January. // Educational Marketer;4/13/2009, Vol. 40 Issue 8, p1
The article focuses on the increase of college textbook net sales by 29% in January 2009 as revealed by the Association of American Publishers in the U.S. The strong gross sales and a significant fall-off in returns have contributed to the growth of net sales, reflecting continued strength in...
- Tough 2011 Preps PreK-12 Pubs for 2012 Mean Streets. // Educational Marketer;3/12/2012, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p5
The article reports on the challenges facing PreK-12 instructional materials publishers in the U.S. in 2011 and 2012. A monthly sales report from the Association of American Publishers indicates that publishers generated 3.27 billion dollars in textbook and supplemental net sales in 2011, a...
- Q1 College Textbook Sales Decline 8.2%. // Educational Marketer;5/23/2011, Vol. 42 Issue 11, p5
The article reports on the 8.2-percent decline in sales of college textbook in the U.S. in the first quarter of fiscal 2011. According to the Association of American Publishers (AAP), the decline of the quarterly net sales in 2011 contrasts the 18-percent net sales in the first quarter of 2010....
- The Evolution of American Publishing: A Brief Summary. Schiffrmn, André // AGNI;1990, Issue 31/32, p85
The article provides information on the evolution of the publishing companies in the U.S. in 1990. It mentions that the ownership of the publishing companies has altered and is controlled increasingly by big conglomerates, mostly have holdings in other media. It states that the process has led...
- THE DETERMINANTS OF ENROLLMENT SHARES OF INSTITUTIONS OF HIGHER EDUCATION. Cebula, Richard J.; Hiebert, L. Dean; Koch, James V. // Annals of Regional Science;Mar1979, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p36
This study examines the impact of academic quality, admissions selectivity, costs, the range of academic programs offered, and location of particular institutions on enrollment shares of these institutions. The findings, clearly indicate that tuition and room and board costs, admissions...
- Academic Shopping Increases Sales--er, Enrollment. Raisman, Neal // Community College Week;04/03/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 17, p4
Discusses several factors for a college enrollment success. Insight on enrollment as a business issue for colleges; Questions that needs to be asked by colleges about their enrollment and registration process; Suggestions on how to increase enrollment in the financial aid.
- Higher Education. // EPM Weekly Bulletin;2/11/2002, Issue 78, p32
Focuses on the survey of the Secretary of State for Education and Skills in England on the higher education entrants. Percentage of higher education entrants; Number of full-time and sandwich undergraduate courses applicants; Data on the family background of the students.
- Higher Education. // EPM Weekly Bulletin;2/11/2002, Issue 78, p37
Focuses on the number of students entering higher education in Great Britain. Presentation on the figures of entry; Acceptance of applicants on full-time and sandwich undergraduate courses; Recruitment of students.
- Local numbers registering increase in higher education enrollment. Santos, Teresa // Hudson Valley Business Journal;8/27/2001, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p10
Reports on the increase in higher education enrollment in New York. Factors that contributed to the increased school enrollment in the area; Schools that experienced increased student enrollment.