PreK-12 Industry Faces Challenge, Jan. Sales Drop
- New Title I. Zigler, Edward // Education Week;2/4/2009, Vol. 28 Issue 20, p34
The author comments on Title I of the U.S. Elementary and Secondary Education Act. The author feels that schools receive funding through Title I and use it for a variety of programs and this, he feels, is a mistake. He feels that Title I should be changed so that it is based on scientifically...
- Preschool in America. // ED Review;4/17/2015, p2
The article reports on the release of a study from the U.S. Department of Education on the needs of preschool education in the country. It has found that about 60% of all four-year-olds in the country are not enrolled in publicly funded preschool programs, while fewer children are enrolled in...
- Why PreK for All? // Phi Delta Kappan;Nov2010, Vol. 92 Issue 3, p8
The article discusses the need for access to public prekindergarten (preK) in the United States. The author believes that universal preK is necessary to address achievement gaps between low-income, middle-income, and upper-income students. The article discusses various states' policies,...
- Every Student Succeeds Act. // ED Review;12/12/2015, p1
The article focuses on the implementation of the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA), which reauthorizes the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA). Among the key reforms in the ESSA include retention of high academic standards for student's preparedness in college and careers, educational...
- U.S. Senate Proposal Puts Spotlight On Open Educational Resources. Davis, Michelle R.; Cavanagh, Sean // Education Week;5/20/2015, Vol. 34 Issue 31, p1
The article discusses a U.S. Senate bill that would promote the use of open educational resources (OER) by U.S. K-12 schools. Topics include the impact of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) reauthorization on educational publishers and technology firms, criticism of free...
- NSTA Legislative Update: President Obama Releases Plan to Revise Elementary and Secondary Education Act. // NSTA Express;3/15/2010, p1
The article mentions that the plan for revising Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) has been declared by U.S. President Barack Obama's administration on March 13, 2010.
- NSTA Legislative Update: First Bill to Reauthorize the ESEA Introduced in the House of Representatives. // NSTA Express;5/23/2011, p1
The article offers information on the introduction of the first bill to reauthorize the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) by Republicans in the U.S. Senate House.
- Let's leave No Child Left Behind behind us. Wesolowski, Rhonda // New Hampshire Business Review;4/9/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p17
The article reports on the effort of the U.S. Congress to take up reauthorization of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA).
- (BUDGET) DoEd Funding Stream Likely Unchanged Next Year, Experts Say. // Children & Youth Funding Report;11/12/2010, p5
A blog discussing the doubtful rewriting and reauthorization of the U.S. Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965 (ESEA) that expired in 2007 is presented.