Pearson Cut From LAUSD Reading Adoption
- LAUSD Plans New 1:1 RFP amid Questions on Apple Contract. // Electronic Education Report;8/29/2014, Vol. 21 Issue 17, p1
The article reports that the Los Angeles Unified School District will implement fresh requests for proposals for personal computing systems. The district will no longer use its contract with computer firm Apple Inc. before starting the next phases of the district's Common Core Technology...
- LAUSD Not Scrapping Electronic Tablet Program. Webster, Keeley // Bond Buyer;8/28/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34169, p1
The article reports on cancellation of a contract related to an Electronic Tablet Program by the Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD) as of August 2014. It informs that LAUSD Superintendent John Deasy sent a memorandum to the school board to halt use of the electronics maker Apple Inc....
- L.A. Demands Refund For iPad-Based Curricula. MOLNAR, MICHELE // Education Week;4/22/2015, Vol. 34 Issue 28, p4
The article reports that the Los Angeles Unified School District in Los Angeles, California will stop purchasing iPad tablets from computer hardware and software company Apple that are pre-loaded with digital courses developed by education company Pearson.
- LA Unified Opens Most Expensive School Complex. // District Administration;Oct2010, Vol. 46 Issue 9, p26
The article announces the opening of the Robert F. Kennedy Community Schools in the Mid-Wilshire district of the Los Angeles Unified School District in Los Angeles, California.
- LAUSD uses affordable housing to retain teachers. // American School Board Journal;Feb2011, Vol. 198 Issue 2, p8
The article focuses on the new project by the Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD) that is aimed at providing teachers with affordable apartments.
- L.A. Board Gives Control of Schools Primarily to Teacher-Led Groups. // Education Week;3/3/2010, Vol. 29 Issue 23, p4
The article reports that the board of education of Los Angeles, California awarded control of nearly 30 schools to nonprofit groups run by district teachers and administrators, rejecting applications by charter school operators.
- Apple Rolling Out iPads to Public Schools in Los Angeles. MOREN, DAN // Macworld;Sep2013, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p27
The article states in June 2013 computer company Apple announced that the Board of Education for the Los Angeles Unified School District in Los Angeles, California, which has over 640,000 students in its schools and campuses, approved deploying tablet computer iPads to students across the district.
- New Superintendent Sets High Goals for Los Angeles. SAMUELS, CHRISTINA A. // Education Week;4/27/2011, Vol. 30 Issue 29, p4
The article reports that John Deasy, the superintendent of the Los Angeles Unified School District in Los Angeles, California, has announced a school management plan for the district which will evaluate teachers, administrators, and schools based on performance indicators.
- CONSTRUCTION ZONE. // American School & University;Apr2010, Vol. 82 Issue 9, p10
The article presents information about the design and construction of educational institutes in the U.S. A 5.3 million dollar dental center at the Edison State College's campus in Naples, Florida, provides dental services for children. A 1.8 million dollar library in Carson, California,...