Communicate to Generate Referrals
- Assumptions and Adaptations: Fine-Tuning Your Practice for Profitability. Smith, Shawn // Journal of Financial Planning;May2007 Supplement, Vol. 20, p19
The article discusses the author's experience of growing his financial planning business. He notes the importance of client referrals to his business. Also noted is his planning of special events planned to help generate new clients. The author also relates his practice of keeping in close...
- Create Enduring Client Relationships. Fishman, Sheldon // Journal of Financial Planning;May/Jun2011 Practice Management Sol, p26
The article presents a three-step solution that financial advisers might consider to retain their clients in the U.S. The author relays that understanding nonrational thinking is the first step solution, followed by establishing an emphatic communication. He conveys that framing the relationship...
- Planner/client communication leaves a lot to be desired. Egan, Liam // Money Management;8/6/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 28, p6
The article reports on the importance of client communication in achieving client loyalty and satisfaction in the financial planning industry in Australia. According to Fidelity Australia managing director Gerard Doherty, research shows that planners neglect client communication and those that...
- THE POWER OF ONE CLIENT. Parker, Craig // Money Management;2/27/2014, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p21
The article offers recommendations for financial planners and advisors on how engage with clients and create trust and loyalty. It suggests that financial advisers must be able to articulate the product they are offering, their client value proposition so that clients can truly understand. It...
- Devise a Client Communication System that Inspires Loyalty. Harad, Kristin C. // Journal of Financial Planning;Apr2014, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p20
The article presents recommendations on how financial planners can develop a client communication system that establishes loyalty. Topics include relationship marketing and suggestions on developing a client communication system, which involves objectives for client meetings, client...
- May-December Matchmaking. Wine, Elizabeth // Financial Planning;May2014, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p41
The article discusses the issue of succession planning in the financial advisory industry, particularly in the U.S. Also cited are the benefits of hiring young talents like the possibility of a succession plan that safeguard existing clients and they could bring in clients their own age, as well...
- Successful Networking. Sinderbrand, Gary // Advisor Today;Aug2006, Vol. 101 Issue 8, p52
The article offers steps that would ensure successful networking and a steady stream of superior prospective clients in the financial planning industry.
- Para troupers. Cann, Nick // Money Marketing;12/16/2010, p24
In this article the author discusses the role of paraplanners on financial planning businesses.
- ISN attacks FPA insurance commissions stance. Beaman, Lucinda // Money Management;3/25/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p5
The article reports on the move of the Industry Super Network (ISN) in attacking the statement on the retention of insurance commissions of the Financial Planning Association (FPA) in Australia as proof that the financial advice industry cannot self-regulate against conflicts of interest.