Essential Skills for the Associate Planner
- Answering Financial Questions. // Practical Accountant;Jan2006 Supplement, Vol. 39, p4
The article reports that the Financial Planning Association has initiated a new "Question of the Week" feature in addition to its "Ask a CFP Professional" e-mail hot- line. The aim is to educate, provide general financial planning tips, and to ultimately help individuals realize the value of...
- Clients Have Strong Grip on Advisers' Time. Manganaro, John // Plan Advisor News;2014, p54
The article presents results of the 2014 Time Management and Productivity Study conducted by the Research and Practice Institute of the Financial Planning Association (FPA) which reveals that financial advisers are not fully in control of their business operations and time.
- A foundation for all planners. Dieters, Corinna // Money Management;6/5/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 20, p16
The article discusses the Financial Planning Association's (FPA's) Future2 as the foundation for the financial planning profession in Australia. The program provides planners with a vehicle for charitable giving and facilitate participation opportunities for individuals. FPA is also working on a...
- FPA calling for intra-fund relief. // Super Review;Aug2009, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p3
The article reports on the statement of Jo-Anne Bloch, chief executive of the Financial Planning Association in Australia, regarding intra-fund. She called on financial planners to be able to access the same class relief as superannuation trustees when providing limited, intra-fund advice. She...
- Money Management FPA walks a tightrope. Taylor, Mike // Money Management;10/5/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 37, p14
The article reports on the efforts of the Financial Planning Association to investigate complaints against 23 financial planners over advice they had given with respect to Westpoint case in Australia. A question has been raised whether the association has the right to involve itself in pursuing...
- Concerns FPA board has sidelined practising planners. Taylor, Mike // Money Management;7/15/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 25, p1
The article reports on the removal of practising financial planners in the board of the Financial Planning Assocation (FPA).
- FPA member numbers up despite 'growing pains'. Beaman, Lucinda // Money Management;11/4/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 41, p4
The article announces that the Financial Planning Association (FPA) has added 1,047 members in 2009-2010 in Australia.
- Long Time No CFP. Koreto, Richard J. // Financial Planning;Mar2001, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p41
Focuses on the support of the Financial Planning Association (FPA) to the need for financial planners to have Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation. Remarks from FPA Chairman Roy T. Diliberto; Defense of FPA President Guy Cumbie on the importance of CFP label; Criticisms from non-CFP...
- Financial Planners Against Restraint of Trade. Brock, Henry S. // Financial Planning;Mar2001, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p192
Criticizes the support of the Financial Planning Association to make the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) an official designation for financial planners. Motives of the financial industry in demanding for regulation; Problems with the CFP education.