A Career Path Traveled the Hard Way
- The Scope and Practice of Comprehensive Financial Planning: Survey Results, Current Standards, and Engagement Letter Recommendations. Chene, Douglas; Gold, Joel; Gramlich, Jeffrey // Journal of Financial Service Professionals;Jan2010, Vol. 64 Issue 1, p47
This paper examines the issue of whether the adjective "comprehensive" is appropriate for describing professionals who provide financial planning advice to individuals. We first consider how the term "comprehensive financial planning" developed, and explain what this term means to financial...
- Succession on His Mind. Wenger, Scott // Financial Planning;Jul2013, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p16
An interview with Michael Branham, Financial Planning Association (FPA) president, is presented. Asked how one finds the right strategy for growth, Branham says this is done through effective practice management where professionals determine how to properly grow the practice and structure staff...
- Talking Point: Destiny Calling. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jan2008, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p15
The article announces that Certified Financial Planner (CFP) Mark Johannessen will lead the Financial Planning Association's (FPA's) board of directors.
- FPA pushes for retirement planning focus. Levy, Benjamin // Money Management;12/1/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 46, p10
The article reports on the Financial Planning Association's (FPA) encouragement of its members to put emphasis on post-retirement and retirement planning in Australia.
- Nick Nicolette on the Lawsuit, the Irrelevance of Legal Definitions, and Elder Care as the New Must-Know Topic. Lee, Shelley A. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jan2007, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p20
The article presents an interview with Nick Nicolette, the Principal at Sterling Financial Planning and 2007 president of the Financial Planning Association. Topics discussed include the Financial Planning Association's progress in the areas of membership growth, improving outreach to major...
- The Hot Job of Financial Planning&hellip. // Journal of Financial Planning;Feb1998, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p16
Comments on the article featured in "U.S. News & World Report" about financial planning. Popularity of the career in financial planning; Demand for financial planners in the banking, brokerage and mutual fund fields; Failure of the magazine to mention designations or licenses.
- Internet Highway Report... // Journal of Financial Planning;Feb1999, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p18
This section presents a list of web sites relevant to financial planners and financial planning in the U.S.
- Tasking the Task Force: When Is a CFPÂ® Certificant a Fiduciary? Thompson, Duane R. // Journal of Financial Planning;Mar2004, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p22
This article addresses issues concerning fiduciary standards in financial planning in the U.S. In a news release, the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) Board noted that it would be choosing, among members for various standing committees in 2004, volunteers for a task force begun in 2003 to...
- Observer. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jan2006, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p28
The article presents news briefs related to the financial planning industry in the U.S. as of January 2006. Spectrem Group reported that a large proportion of investors in the country are interested in investing in mutual funds. The energy generating sector of the nation is performing well since...