Keeping Ahead of the Long-Term Care Domino
- Toward Maintaining and Improving the Quality of Long-Term Care: The Current State and Issues Regarding Home Helpers in Japan under the Long-Term Care Insurance System. Satoko, HOTTA // Social Science Japan Journal;Oct2007, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p265
In Japan, where the population is aging at a speed unequaled by any other country in the world, there has been a rapid increase in the use of long-term care services, following the adoption of the Long-Term Care Insurance System. The increase is seen mostly in home-visit care services, and the...
- mailbox. Yohanan, Monique; Jordan, Jamie; Peck, Charles P. // Financial Planning;Jun2006, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p16
Presents letters to the editor referencing articles and topics discussed in previous issues of the periodical "Financial Panning." "Special Report: The Health Care Crisis," which discussed the role of family support in long-term care; "HSAs," which focused on the premiums paid for long-term...
- LONG TERM CARE 101. // Oklahoma Woman;p5
The article discusses the benefits of long-term care (LTC) insurance 101 in the U.S. It explains that LTC covers a broad spectrum of services including basic everyday functions assistance, life management, and household chores for individuals suffering from chronic illness. It states that LTC...
- LTCi gets a SECOND WIND. Buzelli, Chris // Financial Planning;Apr2007, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p74
The article reports that long-term care insurance is regaining credibility in the U.S. with help financial planners. The author claims that the reasons for the reluctance of the public to adopt long-term care insurance include its complex and pricey policies. Evidence collected by the periodical...
- New options for long-term care. // Inside MS;Winter99, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p43
Discusses the three models of long-term care for multiple sclerosis patients. Home placement; Personal assistance cooperative; Privatized assisted living.
- Ensuring nursing, personal care homes really care. Moncrief, Mike // Business Press;05/21/99, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p37
Focuses on the issue of providing quality care for home health and assisted living residents in Texas. Senate Interim Committee on Home Health Assisted Living's recommendations on how to improve long-term care system; Citing of a crisis involving the nursing home industry.
- Vergleich von Pflegeverlauf und Sterblichkeit von PflegebedÃ¼rftigen mit und ohne medizinische Rehabilitation: Hannover MorbiditÃ¤ts- und MortalitÃ¤tspflegestudie. Seger, W.; Sittaro, N.-A.; Lohse, R.; Rabba, J. // Zeitschrift fÃ¼r Gerontologie und Geriatrie;Dec2013, Vol. 46 Issue 8, p756
Background and objective: Empirical data, representative of the total population, are necessary for medico-actuarial risk calculations. Our study compares mortalities of long-term care (LTC) patients who are covered by statutory health insurance with regard to age and distribution of care levels...
- Will Advisers Add Long-Term Care to Offerings? Cornfield, Jill // Plan Advisor News;2014, p12
The article focuses on the potential of financial and investment advisers to add long-term care to long-term care insurance offerings as the U.S. population ages leading to growing concerns over retirement. It discusses topics including Jesse Slome, director of the national industry group,...
- Background. // GAO Reports;8/10/2011, p5
The article offers information on long-term care in the U.S. including its services for individuals, long-term care cost, and private insurance.