Do Empty Nesters Save More or Live It Up? …
- Empty nest blues. McGrath, Charles // New Yorker;9/18/95, Vol. 71 Issue 28, p112
Reflects on the author's youngest child's entry into college. Unceremoniousness of the instant his child left him; Memories of the author's parents bringing him to college; Author as missing his children.
- Empty-nesters--A growing economic power. Kozoll, Charles // Sell!ng;Jul2000, p3
Focuses on the growing economic force of empty-nesters or senior citizens in the United States. Characteristics of empty-nesters; Examples of purchases made by empty-nester shoppers; Percentage of women doing the buying among empty-nesters.
- OF BOOKS AND BOYS. Kalpakian, Laura // Victoria (Hearst Magazines, a division of Hearst Communications,;Sep2000, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p34
Offers a mother's reflections about her son's leaving for college. Initial reaction to her son's empty room; Thoughts about her son's childhood; Books carried by her son to college; Parallels between her son's leaving and her writing experiences.
- Empty nesters not saving. Star, Marlene Givant // Pensions & Investments;9/16/1996, Vol. 24 Issue 19, p34
Reports that empty nesters are not investing money for retirement, based on a survey conducted by Kemper Funds and Age Wave Communications Corp.
- My Empty Nest. Bragg, Rick // Southern Living;Mar2013, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p142
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of missing his son after he left home for college.
- View from an Empty Nest. Kita, Joe // Prevention;Sep2008, Vol. 60 Issue 9, p63
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of married life after his children have moved away from home including increased romantic interludes, late-night conversations, and candlelight dinners.
- How to feed your family. O'Connell-Cahill, Catherine // U.S. Catholic;Jun2007, Vol. 72 Issue 6, p4
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Michael Lawler and Gail Risch on cohabitation and another by Virginia Hoffman on empty-nesters.
- SMC: SINGLE MOM CHRONICLES. English, Tonya // Tennessee Tribune;4/24/2014, Vol. 25 Issue 17, p3B
The article presents a question and answer on being a single mother and feeling insecure as children go away for studies.
- While the kid's away…. // Asian Pacific Post;12/18/2008, p10
The article reveals the findings of a study conducted by psychologists at the University of California Berkeley (UCB) which suggests that an empty nest may benefit a couple's marriage.