A Groundbreaking Article?
- Survey: fewer saving for retirement. // Christian Science Monitor;5/14/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 118, p14
Reports that the number of people in the United States who are saving for retirement decreased between 2000 and 2001.
- Preparing for retirement. Holland, Cheryl R. // Business & Economic Review;Jul-Sep98, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p29
Presents information on the steps to a comfortable retirement. Finding a method for saving money; Advantage of saving while still young; Importance of determining the amount one needs to save.
- Retirement Plan Promotion Requires Educational Work. // Community Banker;May2000, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p42
Reports on the study conducted by Datamonitor to determine trends in the market for private retirement plans. Growth in retirement plan assets between 1993 and 1998; Practices expected to sustain consumers' interest in retirement plans and savings; Keys to successful retirement planning...
- Planning for Retirement. // Your Church;Nov/Dec2001, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p10
Focuses on the trends in planning for retirement in the United States. Ways of building a retirement savings; Elimination of credit card debt; Use of home equity.
- Financial Focus. Decker, Gary // Munday Courier (TX);10/22/2008, Vol. 35 Issue 46, p3
The article examines the importance of saving for retirement and offers suggestions on how to handle retirement savings.
- Save now or save later? Mahoney, Ken // Hudson Valley Business Journal;10/29/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 44, p9
The article presents the author's perspective on how and when to start saving for retirement suggesting one to allocate a specific amount or percentage of salary every month for retirement savings, and that starting to save early outweigh the cost of waiting.
- INSIDE EDGE. Hales, Peter // Money Marketing;4/24/2003, p37
Proposes further measures to ensure the success of the initiative in Great Britain to encourage retirement saving as intended by the Pension Green Paper. Cost of investment; Price cap; Incentives for employers; Incentives for individuals; Tax simplification; Retirement flexibility; Timetable...
- Feathering your nest egg. Copeland, Beth // Indiana Business Magazine;Aug95, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p18
Offers advice on making personal investments in preparation for retirement. Traditional employee pension plans; Uncertainty over the future of Social Security; Setting retirement goals; Building the habit of personal investment; Compound interest; Participation in the company retirement plan;...
- ASK THE EXPERT. UPDEGRAVE, WALTER // Money;Nov2011, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p38
The article provides an answer to a question about investing for retirement.
- ASK THE EXPERT. Updegrave, Walter // Money;Dec2012, Vol. 41 Issue 11, p32
An answer is presented to a question about the amount of money needed, as of 2012, to retire comfortably, discussing retirement age, U.S. Social Security public insurance benefits, and post-retirement spending habits.