L-3 Communications [LLL]: L-3 Upgrades EDS Systems to Meet EU Standard 2 Requirements
- L-3's Reduced Size EDS Receives European Standard 3 Approval. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;9/14/2011, Vol. 7 Issue 19, p5
The article reports that the eXaminer SX, the explosive detection system (EDS) from L-3 Communications, has passed the European Union Commission Regulation Standard 3 for EDS under the European Civil Aviation Conference Common Evaluation Process of Security Equipment.
- L-3 Launches NightConqueror 360-Degree HD IR Sensor. Roosevelt, Ann // Defense Daily;10/19/2012, Vol. 256 Issue 15, p4
The article reports that L-3 Communications Corp.' Cincinnati Electronics (L-3CE) unit is launching the NightConqueror 360-Degree High Definition Infrared (IR) Sensor System (NC 360HD). The NC 360HD has been launched at the Association of the U.S. Army annual conference. It is stated that the...
- TSA orders 32 L-3 EDS machines. McHale, John // Military & Aerospace Electronics;Jul2005, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p21
Reports that U.S. Transportation Security Administration officials ordered 32 new eXaminer 6000 Explosives Detection System machines from L-3 Communications in 2005.
- US NAVY UPGRADES ITS EP-3E SIGINT AIRCRAFT. Goodman, G. // Journal of Electronic Defense;May2011, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p15
This article reports on the decision of the U.S. Navy to approve low-rate initial production (LRIP) of a configuration of its land-based EP-3E ARIES II signals intelligence (SIGINT) aircraft in 2011. The capability will be installed by L-3 Communications on three EP-3E aircraft. The equipment...
- L-3 Raises Dividend, Authorizes New $1.5 Billion Stock Buyback. // Defense Daily;2/6/2013, Vol. 257 Issue 25, p2
The article reports that the quarterly dividend offered by L-3 Communications Corp. will be raised by 10 percent and create a new 1.5 billion dollars share repurchase program.
- QUICK HITS. // Popular Mechanics;Feb2011, Vol. 188 Issue 2, p15
The article reports on technological research including the development of light, flexible screens by L-3 Communications Corp. and a study on the microscopic scars on 75,000-year-old spear points found in South Africa.
- Autogyro Offers Low-Cost ISR For Naval Vessels. // Fiber Optics Weekly Update;3/1/2013, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p4
The article offers information on Valkyrie, L-3 Communications' unpowered autogyro which could boost the intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance capability of small naval vessels.
- ProVisio MMW. // AirGuide Online.com;3/1/2010, p8
The article reports that L-3 Communications has been awarded a 164.7 million U.S. dollar contract by the U.S. Transportation Security Administration (TSA) for advanced airport scanners.
- L-3 agrees to acquire Kollmorgen Electro-Optical. // Optical Networks/WDM;Jan2012, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p11
The article offers information on L-3 Communications acquisition of Kollmorgen Electro-Optical (KEO) unit of Danaher Corporation. KEO is stated to manufacture specialized equipments, including submarine photonics systems and periscopes and headquartered in Northampton, Massachusetts, with...