Smiths Detection Offers Air Cargo Screeners Network Security Solution
- New Products. // Journal of Analytical Toxicology;Sep2004, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p14A
Features the various products in analytical toxicology. Availability of VisgaAs sensor in high performance Alpha NIR camera from Indigo Systems Corp.; Introduction of the ion mobility spectrometry analyzer from Smiths Detection; Release of the sulfur detection system from PerkinElmer Inc.
- Cerberus Set to Protect. // Armada International;Jun/Jul2003, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p87
Introduces the NBCerberus detection and identification system from Smith Detection. Features of the detection system.
- HAND-HELD DETECTOR TESTS FOR BIOLOGICAL WARFARE AGENTS. Atwater, Kristin M. // Government Product News;Apr2004, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p3
Features the Bio-Seeq, a portable detector for biological weapons of mass destruction, and the Mail Sentry, a screening system that detects the presence of anthrax, made by Smiths Detection. Features and capabilities of the products.
- Foundation to focus on cargo theft. // Traffic World;09/15/97, Vol. 251 Issue 11, p22A
Reports that the National Cargo Security Council has launched the National Cargo Educational and Research Foundation to promote public understanding of cargo security.
- PRODUCT SHOWCASE. // Pharmaceutical Technology Europe;Aug2004, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p37
The article presents information on several new products related to the pharmaceutical industry. Smiths Detection offers ION-SCAN-IS with high performance injection to eliminate the risk of contamination during the manufacture of pharmaceuticals. The company claims that the device streamlines...
- X-ray inspection system. // Packaging Digest;Dec2005, Vol. 42 Issue 12, p51
The article presents information on an X-ray inspection system of the company, Smiths Detection. Its key features includes an automatic detection and rejection, a built-in modem and Ethernet card used for remote technical support and a variable-speed drive. It includes an auto-learn setup...
- Israel Set To Join CSI:. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);4/2/2007, Vol. 8 Issue 13, p10
The article reports on the possibility that Israel will join the Container Security Initiative (CSI) anti-terror program. It says that an approval was granted by the Israeli Cabinet to the plan to join CSI and that Jerusalem is expected to sign a declaration of principles that would commit the...
- Cargo Securement is Critical. // Precast Inc.;Sep/Oct2011, p12
A quiz concerning cargo securement is presented.
- ANOTHER BITE FROM THE BIG APPLE. Bonney, Joseph // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);12/13/2010, Vol. 11 Issue 49, p22
The article elaborates on the infrastructure fee that will be implemented by the Port of New York and New Jersey on all cargo in order to pay for intermodal rail and road infrastructure and security.