- Spin to Win. Rasmussen, Bryan // Coach & Athletic Director;May/Jun1998, Vol. 67 Issue 10, p18
Part III. Presents a series of drills that can help enhance a shot putter's ability to convert his horizontal speed into increased vertical lift and explosiveness at the moment of release. Three mechanical factors which is a direct result of the distance achieved in a throw; Keys to advanced...
- Building Up Your Female Throwers. Judge, Larry W. // Coach & Athletic Director;May/Jun2006, Vol. 75 Issue 10, p28
This article provides training advice for women's college track and field coaches. The author presents a training program for collegiate shotput and discus throwers, listing a series of exercises and weight training techniques that throwers should perform each day. The program stresses...
- Spin to win. Rasmussen, Bryan; Asst. Track Coach, North Idaho College // Coach & Athletic Director;Apr1998, Vol. 67 Issue 9, p12
Part 2. Details the drills for establishing initial patterns in the rotational shot put. Wall touch for balance and alignment; Buddy for establishing rotational axis in the entry; Walk-through for developing timing in the transition; Wheel for maintaining proper balance and range in the power...
- Spin to win. Rasmussen, Bryan // Coach & Athletic Director;Mar1998, Vol. 67 Issue 8, p36
Introduces a rotational shot put technique. Information on the put with a discus-style turn; Identity of the coaches that have been credited with the invention of this technique; Name of the first person to achieve international success with this style; Technical suggestions for improvement of...
- EBHS TRACK. // East Bernard Express (TX);3/15/2012, Vol. 69 Issue 11, p7
The article offers information on the results related to shot puts of junior varsity boys, varsity boys and varsity girls in East Bernard, Texas.
- Speed Glide in Shot Putting. Judge, Larry W.; Judge, Ira L. // Coach & Athletic Director;Jan2002, Vol. 71 Issue 6, p34
Presents tips for the speed glide and power position in shot putting.
- Speed and power: Ganado's Becenti ranked No. 9 in Division III shot put. Jodie, Quentin // Navajo Times;4/12/2012, Vol. 51 Issue 15, pB-4
The article presents information on shot putter Brent Becenti who is presently holding the ninth spot in Division III shot put in Arizona.
- UlL refuses to consider change in state shot put records. // Munday Courier (TX);6/ 7/2012, Vol. 35 Issue 23, p2
The article focuses on the University Interscholastic League's (UIL) decision of not considering change in state shot put records.
- Giving It Their Best Shot. // Modern Casting;Aug2012, Vol. 102 Issue 8, p64
The article discusses the cast-iron weights used in shot put competitions in the Olympic Games.