How to Win the Breakfast Wars
- A festive time of year. // FoodService Director;12/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 12, pFSB14
The article describes the innovative menu offerings of food service operators in the U.S. as of December 15, 2009. In Vancouver, Washington, the original Jack-O-Lantern Pizza was resurrected by Papa Murphy's Take "N" Bake Pizza for Halloween. In Lakewood, Colorado, Einstein Bros. Bagels and...
- BREAKFAST BREAKS THROUGH. // FoodService Director;12/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p35
Focuses on the significance of offering breakfast items in non-commercial food service in the U.S. Factors that motivate non-commercial operators to serve breakfasts; Results of studies on breakfast in non-commercial segments; Major factor to consider in creating a breakfast menu.
- Breakfast Specialties To Go! Ridge, Diane // Food Management;Nov2006, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p58
The article focuses on the response of the food service industry on the increasing demand of customers for quick breakfast in the U.S. Cited as an example is Walt's Express' decision to open a breakfast takeout outlet at the Walter Reed Army Medical Center. Moreover, it is planning to advertise...
- Port of Plenty. Traverso, Amy // Yankee;Jan/Feb2005, Vol. 69 Issue 1, p120
Looks at several restaurants in Portland, Maine. Price of the four-course at Hugo's restaurant; Menus served by Flatbread Company pizza restaurant; Information on Blue Spoon restaurant.
- Adrienne's Pizza Bar. // New York;6/6/2005, Vol. 38 Issue 20, p54
Focuses on Adrienne's Pizza Bar in New York City. Menus; Establishment of the restaurant through a joint venture from father-and-son restaurateurs Harry and Peter Poulakakos and Nick Angelis.
- Breakfast by Champions. Brake, Alan G. // Louisville Magazine;Apr2005, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p104
The article focuses on the Blue Dog Bakery and Cafe in Louisville, Kentucky. Known for its exceptional artisanal breads and pastries, the bakery's sunlight-filled cafe also offers a small breakfast menu, scrambled free-range eggs with sun-dried tomatoes, goat cheese and olive-bread toast....
- Side Dishes. // Nation's Restaurant News;9/3/2007, Vol. 41 Issue 35, p22
The article presents news concerning the restaurant industry. The Illinois State Fair has chosen the winners for its breakfast-on-the-go category. The "Daily Mirror" has reported that an elderly couple in Sussex, England has been visiting the same McDonald's restaurant in their area for the last...
- Chicago operators serve up most important meal of the day. Walkup, Carolyn // Nation's Restaurant News;2/23/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 8, p92
Focuses on breakfast menus of several restaurants in Chicago, Illinois. Signature specialties at Ina's owned by Ina Pinckney; Heaven on Seven chef-partner Jimmy Bannos' poached eggs on crabcakes with Creole sauce; Offbeat breakfast-and-lunch concept at Orange owned by Matt Miller and Andrew Klemen.
- Chain Offers $1 Meal Ideas. Gallagher, Julie // SN: Supermarket News;1/5/2009, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p39
The article reports on the $1 meal ideas offered by Grocery Outlet Inc. in Berkeley, California. Included in the retailer's seven-day menus are breakfast buritos, peanut butter and sliced apple wraps, and broccoli pasta. It is said the Grocery Outlet's efforts came at a time when chains are...