Moving Beyond Catering
- Creamy Cold Cantaloupe Soup. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);5/23/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 21, p6
A recipe for Creamy Cold Cantaloupe Soup is presented.
- Veggie Tale. // Indianapolis Monthly;Apr2005, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p34
This article presents information related to a national effort that supplies fresh produce to the nation's food pantries, soup kitchens and shelters. Local gardeners can plant the seeds of hunger relief along with their zucchini and muskmelon by participating in Plant a Row for the Hungry, a...
- Muskmelons, cantaloupes, and more! Yronwode, Cat // Organic Gardening (08973792);Sep/Oct95, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p47
Reports on muskmelon varieties from different regions in the United States including advice on growing them. Varieties from the Midwest and South Central regions; Dependability of the Mainstream variety from the Southeast; Favorite varieties of breeders.
- Wilt-free muskmelons. // Organic Gardening (08973792);Jan96, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p14
Suggests that muskmelons of the beetle-resistant variety have a higher resistance to wilting. Ten varieties tested including Rising Star and Superstar; Covering transplants with a floating row cover as a protection from the disease-spreading beetles.
- Muskmelon transplants. Long, Cheryl // Organic Gardening (08973792);Jan95, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p22
Focuses on research on muskmelon transplants in the United States. Direct-seeding techniques; Total yields; Benefits of transplants.
- New Jersey districts receive $197M for software and hardware, etc. // Electronic Education Report;09/30/98, Vol. 5 Issue 18, p4
Reports on the allocation for school districts New Jersey to purchase computer software, hardware and staff development resources. Distance learning applications; Maintenance of technology centers.
- Wealthy Texas Districts Say Robin Hood Starves Students. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/19/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31288, p30
Reports on the feedback given by wealthy school districts in Texas regarding a school-finance formula for the school districts in the state. Details of the formula; Possible impact of the formula on the fiscal health of the districts; Efforts of a state legislative committee to find ways of...
- ILLINOIS: Spending Too Much. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/9/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31300, p29
Focuses on expenditures of school districts in Illinois. Difference between revenues and expenditures; Financial practices followed by school districts.
- ILLINOIS: Another Aaa School. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/27/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31333, p29
Reports on ratings of the New Trier Township High School District 203 in Cook County, Illinois. Number of districts in the state that have Aaa ratings; Completion of the refunding of general obligation bonds of the district; Location of the district.